Trade in my bionic for a GNex?

Reaction score
So ive had the bionic since the day it came out, and after loads of bugs, i've had to have verizon send me replacement phones twice now (still bionics). Played with my buddy's nexus today... i'm in love. Any suggestions on how to get the gnex in a cost effective way? I'm still under contract for another year and a half.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
You could sell the DB and put a full retail Nexus on a Best Buy card (after a vzw price match I think we are talkin $650) That will give you 18 months interest free to pay it off. Worth it? YEP imo!

OP
S
Reaction score
You could sell the DB and put a full retail Nexus on a Best Buy card (after a vzw price match I think we are talkin $650) That will give you 18 months interest free to pay it off. Worth it? YEP imo!

How much do you think I could get for the bionic, used. Still in near perfect condition though, not a scratch on it. I'm only 17, so I cant get the Best Buy Card though.... Maybe I could find a used Nexus online??

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How much do you think I could get for the bionic, used. Still in near perfect condition though, not a scratch on it. I'm only 17, so I cant get the Best Buy Card though.... Maybe I could find a used Nexus online??
Check out Swappa. You can sell there too, just compare prices.

You'd have to buy the Nexus at full retail.

WyldRyce

Reaction score
Check out Swappa. You can sell there too, just compare prices.

You'd have to buy the Nexus at full retail.

+1 I've sold my DX on their with no problems.

I still have my Bionic as well but I'm keeping it just for a backup phone.

PhilD

Reaction score
i purchased a Bionic on release day (9/8) and have had data drops and BSODs ever since. the BSODs are really annoying because you have no way of knowing if the phone is locked up unless you constantly turn it on to see if it's still alive. i missed a lot of calls and texts because the phone was locked up and i didn't know it. 4 months later and Moto still has not fixed this phone. i purchased a GNex on release day. it is awesome: stable, completely reliable, and it holds a 4g connection in locations where my Bionic cannot. so much for the hype about Moto radios... time to put the Bionic on ebay.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Personally I am in love with my bionic. I'm sorry to hear about your problems with it. Is the nexus bug proof? I can't see going into debt to buy another phone with its own problems. Then again, i've yet to play with the nexus. Maybe that would change my mind.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

PhilD

Reaction score
if my Bionic (or the refurb they sent me) actually worked, i would have been happy with it. the fact that it has been so unreliable forced me to move on to another phone. i believe that a big part of the problem with the Bionic is the software that Moto adds to stock gingerbread. i purchased the Nexus because the software is unblemished. i have been a loyal Moto customer for a while now. i purchased the original Droid, Droid X and Xoom tablet all at full retail and i don't regret any of those purchases, they are all great devices but the Bionic has been a total fail for me. if your Bionic is working reliably for you, then by all means keep it and be happy, i would have done the same.