Trade DX for a Thunderbolt?

Reaction score
I just did exactly the same, and THUNDERBOLT rocks! Of course it will use more battery, the average download speed is 11 to 14 megs on 4G, that's faster than my home network. NO BULL! and the droid x is like 1 meg download, you can't compare them, plus htc has way better software than MOTO BLUR, there are always options like home replacements, but the TB is definitely one big step ahead, and if you're too concerned about the battery just get a car charger and keep the other one at home, or get the extended battery 44.95 plus tax...oh and the Bootloader is not as hard to break like with the "X"... AND you can make calls and surt at the same time when you're in 4G as well..You Can't do that with the "X"...

MadScientist

Reaction score
I just did exactly the same, and THUNDERBOLT rocks! Of course it will use more battery, the average download speed is 11 to 14 megs on 4G, that's faster than my home network. NO BULL! and the droid x is like 1 meg download, you can't compare them, plus htc has way better software than MOTO BLUR, there are always options like home replacements, but the TB is definitely one big step ahead, and if you're too concerned about the battery just get a car charger and keep the other one at home, or get the extended battery 44.95 plus tax...oh and the Bootloader is not as hard to break like with the "X"... AND you can make calls and surt at the same time when you're in 4G as well..You Can't do that with the "X"...

Actually the voice and data at the same time works over 3g as well.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

lockman

Reaction score

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Actually, no, it doesn't. The way CDMA works does not allow for simultaneous phone and data.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
The Thunderbolt is capable of simultaneous talk and data via 3G and 4G. It uses a tech called SVDO which allows talk and data via 3G. The first of its kind. :)

On topic: It depends what you need out of your device. I absolutely love my Thunderbolt and its very capable.
But if you need something with reliable battery life, you might want to keep the Droid X. Not everyone experiences bad battery with the Bolt; I myself don't but it's not the same with everyone. Or if you just want Sense with 4G and the works, go for the Thunderbolt. You probably wont regret it.

Last edited:

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Actually, no, it doesn't. The way CDMA works does not allow for simultaneous phone and data.

Actually, yes it does. I'm on the phone right now, for the record.

Sent screaming from my ThunderBolt at 4G speeds.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i've had dx since july of last year and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. upgraded to tb about a week ago and i'm blown away by it's speed and smoothness. both dx i had and tb right now use extended battery. dx would last me two days with single charge, tb lasts me one day. that's with heavy usage(games, hotspot, you name it i use it).

if you thought dx was fast...you have no idea what fast it till you try tb.

people that say that dx is just as good don't know what they're talking about on other hand people that say that tb battery lasts just as long as dx are full of ****.

lockman

Reaction score

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Actually, yes it does. I'm on the phone right now, for the record.

Sent screaming from my ThunderBolt at 4G speeds.

3G voice and data is possible on the TB, but not on any other Verizon phone at this time. Other future 4G phones will have this capability as well. What I said before was in reference to christiansectas stating that you can't surf and make calls with the X, which is true.

OP
S

sk8

Reaction score
Went and traded for the tb today. It's noticeably faster then my overlooked dc. So far so good. Now to get it rooted. My only complaint is the quality seems to lack compared to the x, I loved that solid feel.

sent from a sweet paper weight.

kparks

Reaction score
Went and traded for the tb today. It's noticeably faster then my overlooked dc. So far so good. Now to get it rooted. My only complaint is the quality seems to lack compared to the x, I loved that solid feel.

sent from a sweet paper weight.
i thought it feels way better than a x maybe u will get used to it i love mine data stoped working for me to day and had to do a factory reset tho thats my only problem so far