Tour to Droid X, Best way to move contacts?

Cigar_Junkie

Reaction score
I have decided to move to the Droid X but have a question. On my Tour 9630 I sync'd it to, outlook and quickbooks and it got ugly. There were many duplicates. I think I have about 1500 contacts so this can be a big problem. My Tour is probably the most up to date place to sync to/from but whats the best way. I can let the Verizon "magic box" do it, yeah the guy says no problem...opps, sorry, there gone. I can do Google sync or maybe there is another way. If I do google sync is there something I need to do prior to killing the Tour and switching to the Droid? Thanks for any help and I have been searching but could use some input or links to a succesful convert.

takers

Reaction score
i did the google sync, set up a gmail account and just sync it..takes like 5 mins tops

i pulled all my pics and media off my tour with the bb desktop before killing it though.

throwscoach

Reaction score
I partially agree. If you have been syncing your BB to outlook, you will have to sync your outlook to your gmail account. There's an app online to do that. Once you do that, turn your DX on and sync accounts, they should all be there. You'll lose the bdays and anniveraries, but if the calendar is synced, you can download the app to sync the outlook calendar too and those dates should come up on your DX calendar.

Reaction score
i did the google sync, set up a gmail account and just sync it..takes like 5 mins tops

i pulled all my pics and media off my tour with the bb desktop before killing it though.

That's easy and all, but I am too paranoid to use. I love Google and all, but I don't want to sync my contacts with a company that retains information for an indefinite amount of time like that.

Yeah, yeah, I know; "but you use a Google phone!" As far as I know, they aren't taking my contacts from the phone without my knowledge. :D

throwscoach

Reaction score
Then you can ask the CS reps at the store. The ones at my store were willing to do it for everyone.

Technoman

Reaction score
I have decided to move to the Droid X but have a question. On my Tour 9630 I sync'd it to, outlook and quickbooks and it got ugly. There were many duplicates. I think I have about 1500 contacts so this can be a big problem. My Tour is probably the most up to date place to sync to/from but whats the best way. I can let the Verizon "magic box" do it, yeah the guy says no problem...opps, sorry, there gone. I can do Google sync or maybe there is another way. If I do google sync is there something I need to do prior to killing the Tour and switching to the Droid? Thanks for any help and I have been searching but could use some input or links to a succesful convert.

The absolute easiest way to sync the contacts is to save them to a csv file, and then import them to your Google account. Works great, and you still have the csv file for backup.