Toughest Smart Watch

k1601

Reaction score
I'll start off by saying that I am very hard on my watches. My last watch had welding slag all over the front and had been beat more then any piece of equipment should be. That being said is there any smart watch that can hold up to fairly heavy abuse? I'm not saying I'll weld with it (lesson learned) but I do want something fairly durable. If nothing will fit this, I'll just buy a casio and take my phone out of my pocket.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I can't speak for other brands / models, but the LG G watch takes a beating in my opinion. I have had mine since late December and smacked it on walls, tables, car doors....the normal daily watch abuse. No scratches in the glass anywhere and a few small ones on the frame. It's been wet many times with rain, sweat and dirty dish water. Don't know how offended you are by a square watch, but they are only $99 right now. Not a bad price to see if its something you would even like. I think the round watches are built pretty tough also, but don't know for sure. Hopefully someone with a Moto 360 or LG Urbane will chime in also, with their experiences with a round watch. I don't think any of the current AW watches will hold up to welding though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't feel like I've smacked my Urbane off the metal door frames at work nearly as much as I did with the g watch, but it's doing just fine as well. I do have 1 or 2 little scratches on the case, but like sajo said, my glass is fine.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Anxiously waiting to see the Moto Sport. Not due out until at least November, but rumored to have GPS/barometer and 3 ATM rating (which is 100 feet?...but it says "water resistant" not "waterproof"). Also looks like it has a bigger bezel and little-to-no flat tire.

Anyway, I bet the Moto Sport is going to be a tough little sucker.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
2nd Sajo. My LG G Watch has been beat to snot and it still looks great. I have one tiny scratch on the glass just below the actual display. I've had mine since Nov.
It takes a licking.

Gramesmith

Reaction score
I think for rough use you need a smart watch with metal body and Gorilla glass. I haven't found anything like this. You may take a look on this upcoming Modular smart watch. Maybe they are coming with metal body and Gorilla glass.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm just curious; why do you keep mentioning a modular smart watch that is not even in production yet. And FYI: the LG G watch is plenty tough; but everyone's definition of tough use is different.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Because he's advertising, basically. You're really not fooling anyone, Gramesmith.

There. Someone had to say it.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The new Samsung watches are stainless. I think the Apple Watch is metal as well. Isn't the Moto 360 metal? LG has some too. There are plenty of watches that fit into that category.