Touchscreen not responding after wake-up

silvasrt4

Reaction score
This just started today. Whenever i wake my phone with the power button, i cannot unlock the phone. All of the physical buttons on the phone still work, but the touch screen doesnt respond to input. If i do a battery pull i can unlock the phone when it first starts up, but once it goes to sleep and i wake it again, i cannot unlock the phone. I had widget locker on and figured it was that, so i turned it off; the stock lock screen does the same. Had Monster Rom 1.1 running flawlwssly for the past couple months and figured something might be conflicting, so i changed roms to Liberty; lock screen still not functioning correctly. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Only thing I can think of that could even possibly work is SBF to start from scratch... or if your safestrapped restore the other boot, otherwise I have no other ideas.

-Saik0

OP
silvasrt4

silvasrt4

Reaction score
SBF was my next step and it didnt work, the touch screen is still unresponsive after first sleep. Its weird that it will work great when i first boot the phone up but then stops working after the first time it goes to sleep. Going into verizon tomorrow to fight with them about it.

stealthllama

Reaction score
SBF was my next step and it didnt work, the touch screen is still unresponsive after first sleep. Its weird that it will work great when i first boot the phone up but then stops working after the first time it goes to sleep. Going into verizon tomorrow to fight with them about it.

Did you ever get it fixed? This just started happening to me. The work around for me is to slide my droid 3 keyboard out and mash a key, after that I can slide it closed and the touchschreen "wakes up".

I am wondering if using a custom ROM will fix this issue as it is extremely frustrating.

malamoney

Reaction score
Did you guys ever get this resolved? I am seeing the same issue with my OG Droid touch screen not working after sleep. Fine after a reboot, but once it sleeps, it doesn't work...