Touchscreen not responding after wake-up

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by silvasrt4, Dec 29, 2011.

1. silvasrt4

silvasrt4 New Member

This just started today. Whenever i wake my phone with the power button, i cannot unlock the phone. All of the physical buttons on the phone still work, but the touch screen doesnt respond to input. If i do a battery pull i can unlock the phone when it first starts up, but once it goes to sleep and i wake it again, i cannot unlock the phone. I had widget locker on and figured it was that, so i turned it off; the stock lock screen does the same. Had Monster Rom 1.1 running flawlwssly for the past couple months and figured something might be conflicting, so i changed roms to Liberty; lock screen still not functioning correctly. Any ideas?
  2. Saik0Shinigami

Saik0Shinigami New Member

Only thing I can think of that could even possibly work is SBF to start from scratch... or if your safestrapped restore the other boot, otherwise I have no other ideas.

-Saik0
  3. silvasrt4

silvasrt4 New Member

SBF was my next step and it didnt work, the touch screen is still unresponsive after first sleep. Its weird that it will work great when i first boot the phone up but then stops working after the first time it goes to sleep. Going into verizon tomorrow to fight with them about it.
  4. stealthllama

stealthllama New Member

Did you ever get it fixed? This just started happening to me. The work around for me is to slide my droid 3 keyboard out and mash a key, after that I can slide it closed and the touchschreen "wakes up".

I am wondering if using a custom ROM will fix this issue as it is extremely frustrating.
  5. malamoney

malamoney New Member

Did you guys ever get this resolved? I am seeing the same issue with my OG Droid touch screen not working after sleep. Fine after a reboot, but once it sleeps, it doesn't work...
Search tags for this page
android screen not responding after sleep
android touch screen unresponsive after sleep

droid 3 touch screen not working after sleep

galaxy s4 touch screen not responding

htc thunderbolt touch screen not working

motorola milestone x2 tocuh screen dosnt work

motorola xt862 touch screen not working how to unlock using keyboard

on wakeup my s5 screen is sometimes unresponsive to touch and cannot unlock

samsung droid screen does not respond after sleep mode

tablet touchscreen not responding on wake
touch no response when wakeup