DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
images
images
images

Yes you read the title correctly this Rom is based on CM7.2 Android version 2.3.7 Gingerbread, but it is new development from dev "workshed" on the Thunderbolt which is now about a year old. Beggars can't be choosers. This Rom does look pretty nice though even though it isn't based on Ice Cream Sandwich it does include and Ice Cream Sandwich launcher theme so you will get the overall look and feel of ICS. This Rom features a custom kernel "cm-shed-2+ 2.6.35-14 including smart@ss/smart@ssV2 and interactiveX govs) 184mHz min underclock is available, and CPU comes clocked at 1024mHz max for added speed and performance. This build comes with GoLauncherEx and the ICS launcher theme as mentioned above. A few custom ringtones are included (Datsik-Firepower and Knightrider themesong) Custom Notification sound (car locked mp3). It comes with the Galaxy Nexus ICS boot animation, Roboto font, and bluetooth message access profile for Ford Sync.

Some added features in the latest build v1.6 include updated cm sources and freshly compiled, added tweaks from "themicheals" tweakpage, ability to toggle ics rotation animation added, added the AGPS patch to improve GPS lock, added ability to theme sysUI elements, Added ADB over network, edited MMs to increase send image and file size, improved exchange mail server connectivity, improved gallery 3d rotation, updated ICS themes, updated to newest fingerprint from 2.11.605.19 OTA, added new market to Thundershed GAPPS, and added all the CM changes!

Lots of work has been put into this build. It looks pretty solid and looks to be well worth flashing!

Grab this Rom via Rootzwiki

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
It's not based on ICS because the Thunderbolt doesn't have ICS sadly, there's only experimental builds, and even they don't have working 3G/4G radios ATM. This is awesome tho, w0rkshed does some good work! Was on 1.5 for the longest time. Of course I just sold my bolt tho, so I can't try out the update (go figure lol). If you have a Tbolt and like CM7/AOSP Roms, and the look of ICS, you should definitely check out this Rom!

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the best you're going to get AOSP-wise on the bolt. However, shed's kernel has some bluetooth audio issues - the recommendation is to flash an alternative kernel.