"this phone belings to:" that's visible even when locked?

lailakitty

Reaction score
I've searched and read through 44 pages of threads and cant' find the answer, so if this has been answered already, i apologize.

My blackberry had a feature which allowed me to place my name and "if found call # for reward" that stayed visible even when it was locked, so that if anyone found it they could call me even thought they couldn't access anything on the phone.
Is there some way to do this with my droid? I have insurance, but would like this as well, just in case. It worked for me when I lost my BB. I've been searching for this feature but can't find it, maybe I'm just clueless.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do a search for Flyscreen / It allows you to put info and widgets on the lock screen...

I use Call Owner, it lets you put your name, email (if you want), phone number and a message on the lock screen, Very simple little app - and free!

Last edited:

pyro6128

Reaction score
You can do something like this with the security app "wavesecure" and it will allow you other security features like remote lock, backup, data wipe, and gps track your phone if its lost. If you're concerned about losing your phone (which it seems you are by your request) I would recommend you get this app. Not only will it cover what you want, but it will give you a bunch of other options if your phone is ever lost, or stolen.

rjax

Reaction score
I think the app they're talking about above is actually called Contact Owner in the Market... And it definitely works.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think the app they're talking about above is actually called Contact Owner in the Market... And it definitely works.

Sorry for the misdirect... rjax is absolutely right - the name of the app is Contact Owner.

edash

Reaction score
ContractOwner doesn't work on Incredible

I downloaded it and it crashed and could not pull up contacts. I see lots of comments that it is not working and people are uninstalling it.

REMilk

Reaction score
I purchased ICE In Case of Emergency ($3.00). In addition to the "medical' this app can replace the lockscreen and has place for the line If found.....

jesserocket01

Reaction score
just alter the wallpaper on your computer adding the words to the picture then put in on the droid

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Have you downloaded an antivirus app? I had one that did that. Just delete it, you don't need it!!!