1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

"this phone belings to:" that's visible even when locked?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by lailakitty, Apr 19, 2010.

1. lailakitty

lailakitty New Member

I've searched and read through 44 pages of threads and cant' find the answer, so if this has been answered already, i apologize.

My blackberry had a feature which allowed me to place my name and "if found call # for reward" that stayed visible even when it was locked, so that if anyone found it they could call me even thought they couldn't access anything on the phone.
    Is there some way to do this with my droid? I have insurance, but would like this as well, just in case. It worked for me when I lost my BB. I've been searching for this feature but can't find it, maybe I'm just clueless.
  2. justreboot

justreboot New Member

Do a search for Flyscreen / It allows you to put info and widgets on the lock screen...
  3. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad

I use Call Owner, it lets you put your name, email (if you want), phone number and a message on the lock screen, Very simple little app - and free!
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  4. ldimick

ldimick New Member

Me too. Even used the third line for In Case of Emergency info.
  5. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

You can do something like this with the security app "wavesecure" and it will allow you other security features like remote lock, backup, data wipe, and gps track your phone if its lost. If you're concerned about losing your phone (which it seems you are by your request) I would recommend you get this app. Not only will it cover what you want, but it will give you a bunch of other options if your phone is ever lost, or stolen.
  6. rjax

rjax New Member

I think the app they're talking about above is actually called Contact Owner in the Market... And it definitely works.
  7. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad

Sorry for the misdirect... rjax is absolutely right - the name of the app is Contact Owner.
  8. edash

edash New Member

ContractOwner doesn't work on Incredible

I downloaded it and it crashed and could not pull up contacts. I see lots of comments that it is not working and people are uninstalling it.
  9. REMilk

REMilk New Member

I purchased ICE In Case of Emergency ($3.00). In addition to the "medical' this app can replace the lockscreen and has place for the line If found.....
  10. Detonation

Detonation New Member

11. VirtualGeek

VirtualGeek New Member

CyanogenMod
  12. jesserocket01

jesserocket01 New Member

just alter the wallpaper on your computer adding the words to the picture then put in on the droid
  13. ecsnead69

ecsnead69 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Have you downloaded an antivirus app? I had one that did that. Just delete it, you don't need it!!!