Thinking about getting a thunderbolt..

Lardman

Reaction score
One of my buddies from work is selling his old Thunderbolt and I was thinking about taking it off his hands. I was wondering how much battery life you guys got out of your phones? I know after its initial release the life was awful, but has any recent update made it last any longer? Thanks!

kparks

Reaction score
Lardman said:
One of my buddies from work is selling his old Thunderbolt and I was thinking about taking it off his hands. I was wondering how much battery life you guys got out of your phones? I know after its initial release the life was awful, but has any recent update made it last any longer? Thanks!

The Thunderbolt is a great phone the battery life is still sub par. so carry a charger or invest in a extended battery I had the extended and the size was fine and lasted a long time other than the battery its the best phone I've ever owned..

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
my wife has a TB and keeps it on the charger all day long at work. After work and by the time she goes to bed, it needs to be charged.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
tbolt has horrible battery life buy the extended battery and you could go all day. i think sedio (sp) offers a case and extended battery option for 50 ish dollars .. otherwise its a great phone scheduled to receive ICS in the future .

OP
L

Lardman

Reaction score
Nevermind just did a little research. Looks like a good deal, and I can get one off amazon for $10. He doesn't have a price in mind so how much should I offer him? I dont wanna lowball and look like an ass.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I'd look around to see what a used TBolt is going for. See if it includes an SD card too. Check for damages etc.

OP
L

Lardman

Reaction score
I'd look around to see what a used TBolt is going for. See if it includes an SD card too. Check for damages etc.

Alright thanks a bunch man! It looks like theyre asked for about 150 on amazon.. maybe Ill offer 100. Ill ask if he has a number in mind and see what happens lol.

kparks

Reaction score
Lardman said:
Alright thanks a bunch man! It looks like theyre asked for about 150 on amazon.. maybe Ill offer 100. Ill ask if he has a number in mind and see what happens lol.

I just sold mine with a extended battery, and reg battery and 2 back covers and 4screen protectors.. And did not have a ding or scratch on it at all looked brand new didn't even have the kickstand coating peal off for 120$.... The Rezound battery will not add much it's only 200more mha.. It will add some standby but screen on using that 200mha won't amount to a row of pins get the extended and be done with it 100$ to 120$ should be good between friends

Nyobie

Reaction score
Hey Lardman - The Thunderbolt is one awesome phone and that is - when it works. Mine has been nearly problem free and I rooted it back in January and got a lot more enjoyment out of it than I anticipated. Unfortunately, we had a snafu in our household so I don't have my phone any more but I'm working to get it back.

My husband's Thunderbolt was dropped a few too many times and unfortunately, after replacing the digitizer and a few other parts, several months later the phone has flaked out completely. I swapped SIM cards with him so he would have a phone since I have a corporate and personal phone, then I picked up a Motorola RAZR MAXX but I hate it compared to the Thunderbolt. I've had this new phone for a few days and I'll be taking it back for a refund since I bought it at full price. Meanwhile, I'm out looking for a used Thunderbolt that works and is in very good condition. If your buddy doesn't want to sell you his for your asking price, would you mind asking if he'd be interested in selling to me if his phone is in full working condition? I don't care about the battery. I have an extended battery my husband can't use because of its size and I wouldn't use the standard battery that I already have so I'm all set there. Please PM me if your deal doesn't go through and your friend wouldn't mind working with one of your fellow forum members. Thanks!

If you decide to go through the deal with your friend - I think you'd really enjoy the phone. I want to go back to it as soon as I can. The RAZR MAXX is not nearly as good as the Thunderbolt. Graphics are somewhat choppy looking, widgets are limited, the screen color quality is too saturated and too contrasty in comparison to the Thunderbolt which has one of the most amazing screens available. Plus, the Thunderbolt camera is amazing too (for a phone cam). The MAXX camera lacks all around.

Good luck!