The phone I want--when will it arrive?

Soucouant61

Reaction score
When do we think Verizon will release a global phone with CDMA/GSM, 4"+ screen, LTE, at least dual-core, HDMI, front/back Cameras, NFC? I prefer Moto, but maybe HTC. All Moto's current high end Verizon phones don't have GSM. I think If I got what I've listed I'd stop looking ahead for a few years. I can find nothing like this listed as upcoming in any blogs forums. Are we talking 2 years here?

travisn000

Reaction score
..iphone 6 is rumored to have this feature set... :D

Right now, I don't think there is a chipset manufactured that will support all three radio's.. my guess is we won't see them until we have much bigger availability of LTE (..when AT&T catches up with verizon)

EDIT: just googled it and I see that there is (maybe) a qualcomm chip that supports all three, but it is too large (and probably too power hungry) to build a "thin is in" phone.

OP
S

Soucouant61

Reaction score
I guess it is my ignorance. I thought along the lines that the radio was simply a transmitter and that the CDMA/GSM etc was software/firmware that adjusted for different frequencies. I guess I need to read up a little more on the systems.

..iphone 6 is rumored to have this feature set... :D

Right now, I don't think there is a chipset manufactured that will support all three radio's.. my guess is we won't see them until we have much bigger availability of LTE (..when AT&T catches up with verizon)

EDIT: just googled it and I see that there is (maybe) a qualcomm chip that supports all three, but it is too large (and probably too power hungry) to build a "thin is in" phone.

PatG

Reaction score
Rezoundis rumored to be a global phone.

Sent from my Awesome Rezound using Droid Forums