The Official Droid Eris Root is HERE FINALLY THREAD

HK.

Reaction score
One thing all the instructions I've come across seem to leave out is YOU NEED TO BACK UP YOUR PHONE BEFORE YOU WIPE AND FLASH WITH THE NEW ROM!! I've come across that info in the threads but I can't remember reading it in ANY of the instructions. Muy importante! If you don't, you'll lose your phone book and email addys like I did, not fun. :mad:

I to forgot to backup lol, and now I can't remember my Google account PW lol. Tried recovering it with no luck, now I have to wait 24 hrs and try login in again to get my security question. But I am enjoying 2.1 all the same. Very nice, smooth, and fast.

TDianna

Reaction score
FYI, we finished a new root rom. This one uses the kernel from the original 2.1 leak, and we polished out all the bugs we found. This one's fully stable and working as far as we know.

Sorry for linking to another site, but I just uploaded the new rom and a link to it is in the guide here: GUIDE: From stock 1.5 to the latest root 2.1 - Android Forums

GRDLOCK,

In your all-in-one file, which rom version is included? Because I have the 3rd 2.1 leak in my phone. And how would I check if my Eris is rooted anyway?

I have build number- 2.26.605.4

Thanks!

gujupmp88

Reaction score
I have a quick question. i have eris 1.5, i want to get the 2.1 root. but if i don't find it as stable as i need, can i go back to stock 1.5 unrooted? and if the ota comes out, will the 2.1 root block it, or can i still update it?

Jolest

Reaction score
I have a quick question. i have eris 1.5, i want to get the 2.1 root. but if i don't find it as stable as i need, can i go back to stock 1.5 unrooted? and if the ota comes out, will the 2.1 root block it, or can i still update it?
There are instructions over at fuzz4.net for reverting to 1.5 from a rooted 2.1, but since I haven't tried them, I can't say if they work or not.
Here's the link: How To Downgrade your Rooted HTC Eris back to 1.5 - HTC Eris Root How To's - TheFuzz4.net
If you try it, please let us know if it works or not...

jimigood

Reaction score
I am running leak ver2, no probs by the way. I was wondering if someone was working on being able to root the leaks. Thanks for any info you may have.

sgierling

Reaction score
Leaked or Rooted Eris?

Without going through the SDK stuff, can anyone say how to tell if my son's Eris has a leaked 2.1 ROM or the OTA? I would like to be sure before going through all the steps of rooting just to fail.

n0va_ven0m

Reaction score
Without going through the SDK stuff, can anyone say how to tell if my son's Eris has a leaked 2.1 ROM or the OTA? I would like to be sure before going through all the steps of rooting just to fail.

yes if its ota it should say 2.1update or something similar to that. In my eris 2.1 leak it doesnt say that for some weird reason

BlueSami

Reaction score
CAN someone please point me to the thread that tells me how to root the OTA 2.1!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

cagriffe

Reaction score
how do you get your facebook pictures over to your phone contacts?