The blinking light on my droid?

butch350

Reaction score
Can someone tell me why there is a blinking light in the upper right-handed corner of my droid. I purchased one from Amazon (Droid) they forgot to include an instruction booklet.

skagmire

Reaction score
It is for notifications. If you have a missed call, voicemail, text message or many other things... it will blink. It is a nice indicator when you have the phone muted and you don't want to be bothered to unlock it.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
They didn't forget. It doesn't come with an instruction booklet.

Can someone tell me why there is a blinking light in the upper right-handed corner of my droid. I purchased one from Amazon (Droid) they forgot to include an instruction booklet.

OP
butch350

butch350

Reaction score
They didn't forget. It doesn't come with an instruction booklet.

Well...that explains the no instruction booklet thing. When I purchased the droid the ad said, included in the box would be an instruction booklet with all the other goodies that come with it.

I am not mad at amazon anymore.:icon_ banana:

Reaction score
I am glad I looked at this because sometimes I do not have a blinking light and I thought it was like the blackberry and that was the signal!!!

droidilac

Reaction score
Fyi

You can change the color of the blinking light... LoL There is an app in the market called Missed Call i believe.... Change the color to go with the notification... Blue, Red, Green, Purple all sorts of colors...

Just an FYI for anybody that doesn't know. Besides it seems there have been more and more new people showing up on here... Which is a good thing LoL

jefbystereo

Reaction score
The notification led is one of my favorite features. I love being able to just glance down at my phone and know instantly if it has anything to tell me. So much easier than having to pick it up and unlock it to see. As another person said, the colors can be changed, for ex, blue for texts, green for emails, red for missed calls. You can even make specific colors for each person.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
Yeah, missed call is a great app and gives you a lot of freedom to customize the led. I actually use a combination of that and handcent. Handcent controls the led for text related notification, and missed call for other notifications.

Reaction score
there are alot of handcents... which one.. I want toe cool colors for the notification for my text.... and email separation, and missed call....

jefbystereo

Reaction score
Handcent SMS

All the rest are just font packs or something. From that you can adjust the color of your notifications and led, and also adjust them individually for each sender. For example, all my texts are blue but if my fiancee sends them, the come in purple.

I think you can do this with missed call too, but I prefer to let handcent handle it for texts.

Then use missed call to configure how missed calls are notified. Another example, all missed calls flash orange for me, but again for my fiancee they flash purple.

As far as I know you cant configure email led colors, so those are just left as standard green.