1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Texting pics

Discussion in 'RAZR HD and RAZR HD MAXX Support' started by kingbeard, Feb 15, 2013.

1. kingbeard

kingbeard New Member

Suddenly can no longer text pics. Times out saying message failed. Any ideas?
  2. jimmythegent

jimmythegent New Member

Did you power down and power back up? I had a similar issue....
  3. kingbeard

kingbeard New Member

Yes, first thing I tried. I can receive but cannot send.

Yes, first thing I tried. I can receive but cannot send.
  4. ripper2860

ripper2860 Member

Are you on WiFi? I believe you can only send MMS messages via 3G/4G. VZ (and AT&T) requires you use your data plan to send MMS. Don't know if it is the lack of a gateway or just a way to have you burn your data plan. Likely both.
  5. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter New Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Sending picture messages does not affect data usage. Verizon's messaging is now unlimited. I can't speak for AT&T. MMS are sent over the network to another phone which is why it uses the 3g/4g networks. No text messages are sent via IP (ok with exception to messages sent via your computer to a phone). Even if your WiFi is turned on, the network signal is accessed to send the message. I've watched it turn on then off again several times on my phone.
  6. kingbeard

kingbeard New Member

I have tried to send via 3G and 4G and I have the same result. Once I try to send it will "try" for several minutes before finally saying message failed to send. It use to work fine. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the input
Search tags for this page

texting pictures from droid razr

texting pictures times out