Text widget question????

abloam

Reaction score
I just got ICS last night and didn’t have a lot of time to play around with it, but I did notice 1 thing that has me scratching my head.....Is there a Widget I can put on 1 of my home screens that shows new/unread Text messages? Keep in mind, I really don’t want to download GO SMS or Handcent or any of those 3rd party apps, I like the standard Text widget like on the previous OS.

Thanks.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I just got ICS last night and didn’t have a lot of time to play around with it, but I did notice 1 thing that has me scratching my head.....Is there a Widget I can put on 1 of my home screens that shows new/unread Text messages? Keep in mind, I really don’t want to download GO SMS or Handcent or any of those 3rd party apps, I like the standard Text widget like on the previous OS.

Thanks.

What you're describing is like the universal inbox on gb.... and unfortunately there is not anything like that, even in the play store :(

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
abloam

abloam

Reaction score
Dang! :angry: well, so far ICS is 0-1 with me...

SallyC

Reaction score
Haven't used it so I'm not sure if it's what you want but did you look at SMS Unread Count?

OP
abloam

abloam

Reaction score
I just downloaded that a little bit ago but it appears to just be an app button that goes on your home screen, as opposed to a widget, I guess what I am/was hoping for was something that would show the text message and who it was from on 1 of my home screens before actually having to open the "Text Message" button or before having to pull down the notification bar. Kind of like what the "e-mail" widget is.

SallyC

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it shows unread but no preview.

Texts are usually short compared to email which might be why there aren't preview apps.