1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Text vs. Email notifications

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by IamJolyn, Dec 20, 2012.

1. IamJolyn

IamJolyn New Member

Hello everyone, I am a new member to this Forum. I got my Razr Maxx a few months ago, and after my Droid X, I love it! This may seem like a silly question, but I cannot figure it out. I want my text notification to be
    different than my email notifications. I would be happy if the email didn't make a sound (just showed up on the top bar). I have gone into email settings and set it on silent and changed the text sounds but no matter what I change, they are always set the same. I need to be able to be woken up if I get an important text, but don't want to be woken up from a email. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
  2. IamJolyn

IamJolyn New Member

oh, and I use google email app
  3. YellowJacket

YellowJacket Active Member

Set the default notification that you want for texts in the "sound" menu under setings. Next go into the gmail app and choose settings. Next, tap on your email address then "sound and vibrate". From there, click on "sound" and chose the notification you want.

David
  4. IamJolyn

IamJolyn New Member

Thanks!

I had it changed for one email, but not the other, thank you for the step by step, that did it!:biggrin:
Search tags for this page
android phone email notification while talking
android text sound while talking
droid notification text vs email
razor notifcation email vs text
what are dedault notifications

what are default notifications

what is default notifications