Text recovery???

swizzcheez

Reaction score
I just rooted my wife's phone and she told me AFTER I rooted it that she needed some of the text messages. She used the stock messager. Is there ANY way to retrieve the messages? I rooted using Rsdlite and Sprocvery. I DID clear cache and data. Installed Ultimate Driod New Era Rom. Thanks.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you wiped data and cache ( which you didn't have to) they are gone.

-Droid Does

OP
S

swizzcheez

Reaction score
Figures. I was following the directions for the install. Thanks!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you make a backup? Always make a backup before installing a ROM, if not lesson learned :)

Also head over to the UD section and dowload UD 1.0.0. That is the latest release, I think New Era is 4 months old or so.

OP
S

swizzcheez

Reaction score
I did a back up of the apps and ROM. But I don't think that'll help.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you made a backup you could return to it and get the texts back. If you didn't shame on you! Haha.

-Droid Does

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you did a backup your texts will be there most likely, try restoring it.

OP
S

swizzcheez

Reaction score
Can I restore without loosing everything I've done already?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Backup your current rom then restore your old one.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
If you made a nandroid backup before you installed the UD rom whereupon you did the /data and /cache wipe, then you can retrieve the texts.

As titans said, backup your current rom, restore your old backup, then install MyBackupPro (you will get a 30day free trial) from the market. Once you have MyBackupPro installed, select backup -> data -> Local (sdcard) -> SMS, MMS, Bookmarks, and Call logs. Give the backup a name and let it do it's thing.

Now go ahead and restore your UD backup, reinstall MyBackupPro and then do the restore of your data.

This is how I carry forward as much as I can from ROM to rom. I have used MBP this way, and for backing up my apps as well, however, I only restore the .apk's (not the data) and only restore apps that google doesn't automatically restore after I have done a factory data reset. Also, as a side note do NOT use MBP to backup/restore any other data than (i.e. contacts, system settings, etc.) I have outlined, otherwise you _might_ have problems.

good luck

OP
S

swizzcheez

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's input. I've lived and learned. BUT I know for next time! Thanks again everyone! Kudos:greendroid: