Text Messages Failing to send?

Reaction score
Is anyone else having this problem? Its intermittent, but its annoying. Ever since 2.2 and then rooting, I have been having failed text messages. Any insight on the problem? Forgot to mention I have tried it through both Handcent and the stock messaging app when this happens, it takes a restart to send the message.

Last edited:

bmt626

Reaction score
Yup same here its been really bad today

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Technoman

Reaction score
Is anyone else having this problem? Its intermittent, but its annoying. Ever since 2.2 and then rooting, I have been having failed text messages. Any insight on the problem? Forgot to mention I have tried it through both Handcent and the stock messaging app when this happens, it takes a restart to send the message.

NOT rooted, and mine are working fine.

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i have had problems with this when i was with tmobile and now verizon..i was thinking in my predicament was cause i send so many texts all the time out and it just takes a restart to restore that end of it..but i think this happens to everyone who sends lots of texts all the time..i could be wrong though

memnv

Reaction score
I am not rooted either and have had trouble with handscent since the update, sometime it locks up when a message comes in and has to do a force close then works fine, same thing with the google search bardancedroid

Technoman

Reaction score
i have had problems with this when i was with tmobile and now verizon..i was thinking in my predicament was cause i send so many texts all the time out and it just takes a restart to restore that end of it..but i think this happens to everyone who sends lots of texts all the time..i could be wrong though

I send LOTS of text messages (primary form of communications with my wife) everyday. No problems with delivery of sending.

By the way.. I use the stock messaging APP.

theecigarman

Reaction score
I use the stock messaging app. I send 60-70 msgs a day. Recently I would say a 8th of them fail daily since the update. This has only happened since the udpates. I just haven't had time to deall with VZW. I wonder if is because of the drop in signl to 1g or not????? HMMMM. Now that Iam home recovery from neck surgery. I will give them a call.....

OP
R
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Sounds like its a problem in the 2.2 update then and has nothing to do with rooting. Being some here are rooted and some are not, and have the same problems regardless. If anyone knows of a fix, please post.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Try to reboot the phone? Factory reset? Hows your signal strength? I know my messages fail to send when In poor coverage areas, Ive never had it happen with good signal though. Try to reactivate your device and also update PRL. *228 opt 1/2

Losheau

Reaction score
I have been getting the same problem lately and I am not rooted. I found that if I have a 1X connection or on wifi with 1 to 0 bars of signal I get failed text messges more often.

OP
R
Reaction score
The weird part for me is that this happens when I have good coverage. Its usually when I have full bars on 3G. I have done the PRL and resets, still happens every now and again. I reset all of the messaging apps, and deleted all of my threads last night and it hasn't done it today so my fingers are crossed!

Technoman

Reaction score
If you all are talking about SMS text messages (and not IM messages), then it does not require 3g to send. This is why you are able to send and receive SMS text messages while talking on your phone.

If you are having issues sending text, then you should also not be able to make or receive calls from that particular place. I have had no issues with SMS text, but have seen issues with 3g service dropping at places where it never dropped prior to 2.2.

jmorton10

Reaction score
I am rooted & running the leaked 2.2 (it works so well I see no reason whatever to switch to the OTA 2.2)

I use Handcent & have no problem whatever with SMS. I have had a message fail to send on rare occasions, but it happens like once a month & that happened with every phone I have ever owned.

~John

BlackTTC6

Reaction score
I get 1-2 bars in my house and this happens sometimes. Doesn't happen when i go outside as i go straight to 4 bars