Text Message Mismatch

sal33n

Reaction score
I double checked and my contacts that got mixed up do NOT have any of the same info in their contact information like you described.

csodjd

Reaction score
I have a similar problem -- every time I receive a text from one particular phone number the Droid associates it with an email address [email protected] and if I try and reply it doesn't work. I have been unable to fix the problem at all, and I've tried everything I could think of short of resetting the phone.

mannymd

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with text messaging. The Droid keeps appending @callwave.com to text message sender's name. I am then unable to reply to the text message. And after the Droid does this, I can't even create a text message to that number from scratch without the Droid appending @callwave.com to it.

xrascal4

Reaction score
I had the same problem and got no where with verizon tech support or motorola. Once I stopped using the default messaging software and only use chompsms or handcent never had the problem again. Besure to set chomp or handcent as ur default. Should fix your problems

mannymd

Reaction score
I use ChompSMS. I have the same issue while using ChompSMS. I contacted them and told them of the problem. They are looking at a fix for this.

lockman

Reaction score
I had similar problems. My phone was saying texts from my ex were from my son. So it was easy to tell where they were really coming from.
I tried deleting Handcent, deleting contacts, neither of which worked. Did both again, but turned Facebook sync off. This seemed to fix it, at least for me.

mcskweeky

Reaction score
I know this thread is old, but I'm hoping that someone has been able to figure out the reason behind this issue over the last year.

I previously had a Droid 2, but recently was given a Droid Global. More or less, it's the same phone, except over the last couple weeks my texts are getting mismatched. I have never experienced something like this, so I thought maybe it was due to a recently added number. I deleted the new number and the message stream went back to who it belonged to.

However this morning, I got a message that began a brand new conversation, and at first it showed the correct name, but as soon as I opened the message it changed to another person. Both had Facebook profiles and therefore had photos. The numbers are in no way similar. What gives?

I just turned off my Facebook refresh interval. We'll see what happens...

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Android 2.2.3 and 2.3.2 have a fix for this... I think

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mcskweeky

Reaction score
Just checked system, and it says it's up-to-date with no updates available. It says it's Android version 2.2, system version 2.4.330.

Any other ideas?

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well it wouldn't be a ota update. Custom roms have 2.3.2 and 2.2.2

Sent From My Droid Without Spell Checker

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
2.2.2 is an OTA update that has rolled during the last couple of days. that should fix it. I was always rooted so never had this issue.

I believe that 2.2.2 is available somewhere in the forum, its also refereed to as FRG83G