Terrible Battery Life & Texting Problems

mblair90

Reaction score
So when I originally installed Eclipse 2.0.3 my battery life seemed to improve over the stock ROM. I have had it installed for a while now and the battery life has gotten significantly worse. I've calibrated it several times and it is still bad. Today I unplugged my phone when I woke up and 4 hours later I was at 48% battery from light texting and listening to some Slacker. It was actually down to 85% after sending about 10 texts.

And speaking of texting, this has gotten worse as well. About half the time when I go to send a text the keyboard won't work, it just won't type anything. I have figured out if I use a task killer to kill the app it will then work. Also, I am beginning to get multiple texts saying the same thing, usually 2 or 3 in a row. I know other people have this problem and say they have solved it clearing their data/cache so I am trying that now but this is still annoying.

Has anyone else had any of these issues? Any advice on these problems?

NWKENT

Reaction score
Maybe you have a weak battery, eventhow your phone may be kinda new..

Maybe borrow someones battery, and see if battery life is better..I had a similar experiance with my first NEW Droid X, THEN..I got a second line, and another NEW Droid X, about a month later, swapped batteries, and problem solved..I just replaced the battery, and she still works well today, 14 months later..

NOT saying go out a purchase a new battery, but maybe try another one first..Manufactoring batteries is a tricky thing..sometimes a "LEMON" is produced..even batteries are "Lemons" sometimes..LOL

OR..even consider your charger, may not be functioning up the specs..

JUST a couple thoughts, sometimes we all overlook..

Last edited:

Veraster

Reaction score
My phone has always had mediocre battery life. After installing eclipse it was little bit worse. I installed go launcher and for some reason it improved my battery a lot.

I guess go launcher is easier for the cpu to run than moto blur and takes less battery. You could try installing that.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

chefdexter

Reaction score
Also, I am beginning to get multiple texts saying the same thing, usually 2 or 3 in a row. I know other people have this problem and say they have solved it clearing their data/cache so I am trying that now but this is still annoying.
I was having this issue when I was on eclipse too... no other issues, but multiple texts would happen a lot. I am now on CM7 and I did a data/cache clear of course... but it did happen once today. not sure whats up?