TERRIBLE battery life

JoeJxn

Reaction score
tl;dr - 8 hours of battery life. wtf.

For some reason, I have absolutely horrible battery life.

I fully charged it at about 2pm today.

I downloaded a few apps, did a little browsing, not much texting today. I listened to Pandora for a while, and I had my facebook and twitter widgets open, and this one for gaming news widget, and played a game for maybe 10 minutes

8 o'clock rolls around, and I have to go into work for a couple hours. My battery is at 45%, I'm like "Ok this will last me until I get off work at 12."

I get to work 8:45, turn on Pandora, send a few texts, and just let Pandora run.

10:30pm my phone dies...So I went through a full battery in 8 hours. How is this possible?

And I was killing tasks that I wasn't using with Astro.

Is this battery worth it? Seidio - Your Single Source for Premium Smartphone Accessories

OP
JoeJxn

JoeJxn

Reaction score
Pandora is a huge battery drainer.

Is it? I love it too much. I've grown bored of my iTunes collection so this is great to listen to at work

Is Slacker as bad or any better?

bomber889

Reaction score
All the radio apps are battery drainers. Why don't you just bring in a charger to work? Also, you can turn off auto sync if you want. Turn off wifi and bluetooth when not using it. turn down your brightness

bomber889

Reaction score
Try turning it down to the lowest brightness.
Also, IMO I don't think that is worth it because you can get another standard battery off amazon for 8 bucks instead of spending 60.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Seidio has had some customer service issues in the past...search the forum and see if you can find a rant or two.

Axium

Reaction score
Pandora is a huge battery drainer.
Haha indeed. When I first got my phone my battery lasted almost? 6ish hours. Can't remember, but it died SO fast.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
If you wanna dive into root, undervolted kernels will extend your battery alot. Pandora is still a thirsty app, but it gets more manageable with a good kernel. The native Froyo kernel is even better than stock 2.1 for battery life. Another battery saver is actually wifi. A poor 3G signal eats more juice than the wifi radio does.

AlmostHumaN

Reaction score
I had the same problem until I decided to uninstall some apps I had downloaded over the last week or so. Must have been a bad app because that solved the problem. Battery life is back to normal.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I have two suggestions:

1. Turn off the display while in work and listening to Pandora.

2. Stop killing tasks. That just takes more resources to restart them.

Bill_Texas

Reaction score
I am just coming off of a Blackberry storm and I used to use Pandora on it a lot. I never had a battery drain issue using it. As a matter of fact, I am finding the battery life on the storm to be much better than the droid. Maybe a few more firmware updates will fix this.

I could easily get 2 full days on the storm with heavy use. I am lucky to get a full day with the droid. The storm originally had a battery issue but was fixed with firware updates.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
If you wanna get 2 days of heavy use on a Droid, you will need an extended battery.

straylight

Reaction score
Yep, stop killing tasks, but more importantly make sure you completely exit pandora when you are done. Otherwise it will run in the background.

OP
JoeJxn

JoeJxn

Reaction score
I am just coming off of a Blackberry storm and I used to use Pandora on it a lot. I never had a battery drain issue using it. As a matter of fact, I am finding the battery life on the storm to be much better than the droid. Maybe a few more firmware updates will fix this.

I could easily get 2 full days on the storm with heavy use. I am lucky to get a full day with the droid. The storm originally had a battery issue but was fixed with firware updates.

Yea I came from the Storm too. And I could run Pandora/Slacker all night

I usually got 1 1/2 days out of my battery. But it's no problem, gonna be buying a 2nd battery for emergencies, but like I said, I wish I would'nt have to worry about this.