telephone keypad colors

Dweib

Reaction score
Is there a way to change the phone keypad colors. I would prefer black w/white lettering. The white background with the pastel colors is far too girly for me. I begin to think this is a chick phone. It has a far more feminine feel to it than my RAZR. I prefer the razr's color scheme.

Sent from my Galaxy Blue using Droid Forums

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Go get the Swiftkey keyboard. I tried the free version (for a few seconds) and loved it so I spent the 3.99 for the paid version. Well worth it. It, of course, includes Swype and has several color options. One thing I really like about this keyboard is theres a comma (so I don't have to keep long pressing another key to get it. Try the free version first and see if you like it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I just checked their site and the new beta version (which I just downloaded) has tons of new emoticons. Just long press the return key and there you have it. :)

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I was under the impression that Swiftkey is the keyboard on the S4. Is there any reason to download it, if changing the appearance isn't important. I mean, does the S4 keyboard learn like Swiftkey does? I purchased Swiftkey years ago, and have loved it, but with the limited space available on this phone from the start, I would prefer not to have the same application twice.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that Swiftkey is the keyboard on the S4.

I believe it's Swype that's included, not.Swiftkey (at least with Verizon).

For the phone, I use Rocket Dialer, but that's a major change.