TB won't connect as drive to computer

tu3218

Reaction score
I trying to transfer music files over to my TB but it won't connect as a drive to my laptop. All the files installed automatically but it never connects. Anyone get this to work?

Javaknight

Reaction score
I had the same problem - Go to Settings > Connect to PC and set Default Connection Type to Disk Drive and click Ask Me

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
I had the same problem - Go to Settings > Connect to PC and set Default Connection Type to Disk Drive and click Ask Me

Okay I'll have to give that a try. I actually downloaded winamp and used wifi for syncing music. It works really good and actually pretty quick.

fishfood

Reaction score
I'm having similar problems, but not quite. I plugged my phone in and chose the option to use as a hard drive. Transferred one folder of music to my phone's SD card and unmounted. Now I keep getting an icon in my status bar that is an SD card with a question mark with the message "SD CARD has an unexpected problem. Tapping to recover it." When i tap it, I get it again. Rebooting doesn't seem to help either.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

BGKris

Reaction score

It sucks I've tried that and its still not working

tapatalking from my Magnificent HTC Thunderbolt
I just had the same problem! Turns out my usb port wasn't seeing it even though it was getting charged. Tried a different port and now it connects :icon_ banana:

2trax4me

Reaction score

Okay I'll have to give that a try. I actually downloaded winamp and used wifi for syncing music. It works really good and actually pretty quick.

thanks for the tip on winamp. next time I move some music I will look into the wifi sync. I did manage to move some music over but it was old school

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score

thanks for the tip on winamp. next time I move some music I will look into the wifi sync. I did manage to move some music over but it was old school

no problem..I'm still back an forth between using winamp or HTC's music player but winamp definitely makes transferring music over quick and lacks having to plug it in and all that.

pcrupp

Reaction score
I was running into the same issue... when I plug the TB into my Win7 64 laptop it would give me the options to mount, but the computer would add a cd/dvd drive as the E: drive. This only gave me access to some install files (about 5.8mb). now I already have several networked drives including an F, L, S,T, and Z.

What I found out is that the TB is actually mapping over my networked F: drive as a USB drive, but not changing the name. So If i double click on my F: drive, it will give me access to my TB.

I discovered this by going to the device manager and looking at the "portable devices". there it showed me "F:\" as an option.

I'm just happy I have access to my TB... but does anyone know how to fix this issue?

tbolt1973

Reaction score
Hope this helps.
I didn't have issues until I added 8000 music files to my sd card.
Now it takes about 4-5 minutes before my sd card shows up as a disk drive on my pc.
After the long wait, everything works fine.

TJNoffy

Reaction score
I was running into the same issue... when I plug the TB into my Win7 64 laptop it would give me the options to mount, but the computer would add a cd/dvd drive as the E: drive. This only gave me access to some install files (about 5.8mb). now I already have several networked drives including an F, L, S,T, and Z.

What I found out is that the TB is actually mapping over my networked F: drive as a USB drive, but not changing the name. So If i double click on my F: drive, it will give me access to my TB.

I discovered this by going to the device manager and looking at the "portable devices". there it showed me "F:\" as an option.

I'm just happy I have access to my TB... but does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks for this! My TB's SD card was mapped over my network H: drive, which wasn't renamed. I never would have found it without your post. Six months later and on Gingerbread, the problem still exists. Windows issue or Android?