Sync Contacts with FB problem.

stu89pid

Reaction score
I just had to do a factory reset on my phone today, as my phone was previously unable to send picture messages and tech support deemed this the only way to fix it. That being said before the reset I had all my contacts synced with facebook, so that their pictures showed up etc.

Previously I had to go one by one and and link each individual contact from my phone contacts to the correlated facebook person. It was a pain to do them all, but once it was done it was worth it.

I have read in many threads that from the homescreen of the FB app you can go to settings, and at the bottom there is an option to sync with contacts. This seems like it would sync the ones that names are the same in contacts and FB, which would be great. However there is no option for this anywhere in the facebook app that I can find.

I would be happy to go through each individual contact and link it to the facebook person, however when I go to the contact, and click link, the only options to like are with 1-Favorites, 2-Google, 3-Phone contacts. In the past I could click the drop down menu and bring up the facebook contacts to link them, but they don't show up at all.

Anyone that could point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

zero7404

Reaction score
I just had to do a factory reset on my phone today, as my phone was previously unable to send picture messages and tech support deemed this the only way to fix it. That being said before the reset I had all my contacts synced with facebook, so that their pictures showed up etc.

Previously I had to go one by one and and link each individual contact from my phone contacts to the correlated facebook person. It was a pain to do them all, but once it was done it was worth it.

I have read in many threads that from the homescreen of the FB app you can go to settings, and at the bottom there is an option to sync with contacts. This seems like it would sync the ones that names are the same in contacts and FB, which would be great. However there is no option for this anywhere in the facebook app that I can find.

I would be happy to go through each individual contact and link it to the facebook person, however when I go to the contact, and click link, the only options to like are with 1-Favorites, 2-Google, 3-Phone contacts. In the past I could click the drop down menu and bring up the facebook contacts to link them, but they don't show up at all.

Anyone that could point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

what android version is your phone using ? if you go to settings-> accounts, is there an option to set up the fb account with the phone ? if so, you may not have done this yet ....

else try going to settings -> applications -> manage applications and do a clear data in the fb app entry (assuming you have the fb app installed), then enter your login info again in the fb app.

OP
S

stu89pid

Reaction score
Ahh I feel dumb now, It has been so long since I got my phone I completely forgot to add the facebook under accounts. Sorry for the novice question, and thanks much for the help!

I am using the Andorid version 2.2.1

They have seemed to sync, the contact and FB name, but It still has not put any pictures in the contacts like it did before. Going to restart the phone and see if it'll help.

Last edited:
OP
S

stu89pid

Reaction score
All is well

Thanks for the help, i Now am up and running

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Ahh I feel dumb now, It has been so long since I got my phone I completely forgot to add the facebook under accounts. Sorry for the novice question, and thanks much for the help!

I am using the Andorid version 2.2.1

They have seemed to sync, the contact and FB name, but It still has not put any pictures in the contacts like it did before. Going to restart the phone and see if it'll help.

That is why we're here - to learn from and help each other.
;)