Sync Calender with the NBA schedule

pistolpopper

Reaction score
how would i sync the default droid calender (widget) with the nba schedule? is this possible? if not i'm curious for other alternatives to keep up with the nba schedule.

Joker

Reaction score
If you are subscribed to the sports calendar through google calendar on the desktop, I have not been able to get that to sync with the phone. As an alternative, I think the best way is to go to mysportscal.com and find the team you want to follow. Download the ical or .cvs and import it into your google calender on the PC. This will allow it to show up on your phone as well, hence viewable on the stock calendar widget.
On a side note as a recommendation, I would also get "android agenda widget" This will allow it to show your calendar and a few days into the futher so that you can spot when upcoming events are there vs. just seeing today.

EDIT: I was under the assumption you would be following one or just a couple teams. I hope you didn't mean the entire NBA schedule, although technically you could download all the teams if you choose to.

harrellj

Reaction score

yamaredman

Reaction score
Thanks for the mysportscal link.

I imported my teams schedule into my Outlook calendar... which syncs with my google calendar... which syncs with my Droid.

Joker

Reaction score
I imported my teams schedule into my Outlook calendar... which syncs with my google calendar... which syncs with my Droid.

That definitely works as well. :) Lot of syncing though. Could you get it to just sync directly from Outlook to your phone?

yamaredman

Reaction score
No, my Outlook goes through an Exchange Server so I just assumed it would be a pain.

Once you install Google Calendar Sync and set it to sync every 120 min or so, it runs on it's own from there.

Joker

Reaction score
Well either way seemed to work out for you. Hopefully the OP got it working as well.

Nods_Dad

Reaction score
Guys go back to that link someone got it working, well found an easy work around. Basically you go to Yahoo Sports find your Team's page, find the schedule and select export to Google Calendar. It'll put it on your google calendar. Then go to your phone resync your Google account. Go to your calendar and you'll see it under calendars. Not hard all took me just a couple of minutes and it works great.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

DroidJT

Reaction score
Nods_Dad got it right. Just go to calendar settings in Google calendars (on your PC) and "create" a new calendar. (At this point you can set up your notification defaults for pop-up and email event reminders for that new calendar). Then download the ical/vcal file for your team's schedule wherever you can find it and then use the "import" feature next to the create calender. A pop-up box should allow you to import the ical/vcal to the calendar you created (don't forget to use the drop-down to the appropriate calendar). Once imported, you can go to your phone calendar, hit the menu button, "more", "calendars" should show you sync options for all your Google calendars, including the one you just created (give it a minute or so to update if you don't see it right away -- you may need to sync your Google account if you don't see it right away but it should show up within minutes. Worked for my Droid 1.