Swype keyboard available for 2.1 on Droid?

jeter10

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been reading about the swype keyboard and I'd like to try it but I can't find any information on it as far as its availability on the Droid 2.1. Does anyone know if it's available or what the app is called if it is?

Thanks!

p.s. Is there some type of way to have the letters, numbers AND punctuation on the touch screen at the same time, instead of going back and forth?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not any more.. try ShapeWriter in the market

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been reading about the swype keyboard and I'd like to try it but I can't find any information on it as far as its availability on the Droid 2.1. Does anyone know if it's available or what the app is called if it is?

Thanks!

p.s. Is there some type of way to have the letters, numbers AND punctuation on the touch screen at the same time, instead of going back and forth?

is it called slideit keyboard i have that and it is awesome

OP
J

jeter10

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I see shapeit but not in English. I see it in other languages and when I try to look for swype in the app market, it doesn't come up. I'm fairly new to the Droid so perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

dorlisa

Reaction score
I downloaded swype the other day I believe at swypeinc.com I LOVE it!

Lucas5

Reaction score
search for swype on google. at the moment, it's in open beta and you can sign up for it on their website. they'll email you a link to download and install it after you sign up.

OP
J

jeter10

Reaction score
Thanks so much. The beta group is closed now but I signed up so hopefully I'll get an email soon.

dorlisa

Reaction score
I signed up friday and about three minutes later they sent me a link to install it. Been using ever since.good luck

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i use slide it religously best keyboard app ever and is still available