Swype for the Samsung Tablet?

JoDroid

Reaction score
I was surprised that the Samsung 10.1 didn't have a Swype on the keyboard. Is there a Swype for the Samsung? I searched but couldn't find anything like I have on the Bionic. Any suggestions?

Thanks

OP
J

JoDroid

Reaction score
Register for and download the Swype beta! I like it better than stock Swype!

Swype | Text Input for Screens

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

Thanks... did that but I keep getting that the error message that my tablet is not a phone. In the fixes the links don't work and that forum is locked :( I wrote to Samsung but haven't heard back... depressing :(

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Thanks... did that but I keep getting that the error message that my tablet is not a phone. In the fixes the links don't work and that forum is locked :( I wrote to Samsung but haven't heard back... depressing :(

Ugh, I was hoping the beta would work on tablets... I'm surprised it doesn't... Try some of the Swype competitors. The only one I can think of off hand is Swiftkey but I know there are several more...

OP
J

JoDroid

Reaction score
Ugh, I was hoping the beta would work on tablets... I'm surprised it doesn't... Try some of the Swype competitors. The only one I can think of off hand is Swiftkey but I know there are several more...

Thanks!

I just spent over an hour online chatting with Samsung about Swype. Seems they have upgraded to Swype (plus other enhancements) for their WiFi version only and not the Verizon version which really stinks.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Thanks!

I just spent over an hour online chatting with Samsung about Swype. Seems they have upgraded to Swype (plus other enhancements) for their WiFi version only and not the Verizon version which really stinks.

Oh good, glad you figured that out, I hope they upgrade the 4g version soon! :)

skennelly

Reaction score
I switched to touchpal on my DX, which has swipe. They are working on the tablet version as well. It looks pretty good and I am patiently waiting for this.

[video=youtube;74Cr8eXuKl4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Cr8eXuKl4[/video]

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

rayr0d

Reaction score
I was surprised that the Samsung 10.1 didn't have a Swype on the keyboard. Is there a Swype for the Samsung? I searched but couldn't find anything like I have on the Bionic. Any suggestions?

Thanks

When I had a chance to turn in my Xoom for the Samsung 10.1 tab .. I didn't even blink .. one thing I was looking forward to is showing off y swype skills on the big screen ...in denial that it wasn't an installed option, I looked all over the place.. still can't believe it wasn't a standard feature..

No Matter What.. Its 4 U 2 Choose

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Thanks!

Would it be possible to have someone pull the apk from their wifi only version and then give it to you, and then you sideload it?

Butt dialed from my hamburger phone

skennelly

Reaction score
If you're tablets haven't been updated with swype yet, here is the apk from my wifi only tab.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13757410/Swype.apk

skennelly

Reaction score
Thanks skennelly! It keeps giving me a force close though :( Any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I905 using DroidForums

Sorry, I have not been here for a while. Have you tried clearing the cache and data?

OP
J

JoDroid

Reaction score
Swype Beta fixed the problem with adding Swype to the Samsung 10.1 Tablet!! I now have it on mine! WoooHoo!! :big smile::in love::cool-b: