switch eris and incredible amongst friends?

serpentineone9

Reaction score
A friend of mine is going to be changing carriers to Verizon in a couple of weeks. He wants an Eris, which I have, I want his ability to get an Incredible. Is there a way to do this? In other words, can I give him my Eris that I am currently using and have him get a new Incredible and switch between us? Yes right?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum serpent! I don't see why not! i wish i could find someone willing to give up their new every 2 for me lol

JCo352

Reaction score
A friend of mine is going to be changing carriers to Verizon in a couple of weeks. He wants an Eris, which I have, I want his ability to get an Incredible. Is there a way to do this? In other words, can I give him my Eris that I am currently using and have him get a new Incredible and switch between us? Yes right?

That's up to your friend.

Mattb

Reaction score
Yes, he just has to do the upgrade to the Incredible on his line, then you can swap the ESN's on them.

OP
serpentineone9

serpentineone9

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys! My friend is going to Verizon from another carrier and upgrading from a very old phone that only makes calls and texts (barely) so any phone will be an upgrade for him. Thanks again!

Reaction score
Just be careful, sometimes they wont let you jump contracts like that. Usually if you will use a phone that is not tied to a contract, switch to it first. Then once your Eris is free, and your friend has his Incredible, switch the Eris and the Incredible. Then switch your old phone on your contract, the one that you switched to free up the Eris, with teh Incredible. Last step, enjoy your Incredible! When I worked with phones before, we just told everyone to do it online, it is a heck of a lot easier to do it online.