Swapping out the motherboard

invadercow

Reaction score
I've done a lot of phone repairs, but I've never swapped a motherboard. My friend dropped her LG Connect in water and didn't turn the phone off or even bother to clean it out before using it again. The board is fried. I just ordered an LG Connect board off of ebay that is tied to Metro PCS (her carrier), and it has a clean ESN. How will the switch work? Will the phone have to be deactivated and the reactivated when I put the new board in? Or will everything work seamlessly after I put the new board in?

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
You will need to call the carrier and update the MEID and her current mobile number.
With Verizon, I had it easy, and all I was required to tell them, was the MEID of the phone I was upgrading to, and the mobile number.

I believe most carriers operate identically, so their is commonality between them all.

I hope you DO have the serial number and the MEID of the board.
No stickers, BAD deal, no method of discerning legality of activation or if it has been black listed.
Next operation would be to upload to your computer and read the phone's internal data/firmware.