Swap Partition/Rom manager

wtfmate913

Reaction score
I read about increasing performance when multitasking by using swapper 2. I stream music with the sirius xm app and often found that android os would shut it off when I tried using memory intensive apps like gmaps concurrently

I've tested swapper 2 using a swap file and it seems to work, but I want to try using a dedicated swap partition

I've spent days researching trying to set up a swap partitions and rom manager seems to be the easiest way...so I go into RM and hit partition utility, select 512mb ext and 64 mb swap, hit ok, it reboots in recovery, says partitioning sd card... and then reboots without any confirmation that it worked. So I go into swapper 2, advanced settings, then check box for use swap partition.

However, when I turn on swapper 2 it attempts to access the partition and fails, saying no such file or directory for /dev/block/mmcblk0p3. Or something like that...

Is anyone else having trouble or know a solution? I'm willing to try using adb shell (using "how to manually partition sd card for android app2sd" over at androidandme.com) but can't until I get home from work and I am still trying to figure out how to open it up and run commands through the usb cable.

taktix101

Reaction score
I'll help ya' figure it out. I'm running a similar setup using a swap partition on my A855.

It sounds like the ROM and/or kernel you're using doesn't support swap. What configuration are you currently using?

PM me if you have any questions.