Surround Sound Mod For the Note 5

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Now that the Note 5 has been rooted there are all sorts of mods and hacks we can apply. The fact that the Note 5 has a bottom speaker instead of a front speaker was a bummer to some of you. I like the front speaker too, but am glad that they decided to not go with a back speaker. There is now a "surround sound" mod for the Note 5. There are a few ways to install this mod, but the easiest way is probably to flash the mod via custom recovery. Grab the proper file from the link below.

via XDA

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Has the Verizon Note 5 been Rooted?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I use a sound mod on my Note Edge. It adds to the user experience while watching videos.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I use a sound mod on my Note Edge. It adds to the user experience while watching videos.
I'm derailing here big time but does the Note 4 edge offer the same S pen and software functionality of the Note 4? When I got my 4 in February I thought the edge didn't offer the same specs for some reason. I love my 4 and am curious about the edge though.

Note 4tified

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'm derailing here big time but does the Note 4 edge offer the same S pen and software functionality of the Note 4? When I got my 4 in February I thought the edge didn't offer the same specs for some reason. I love my 4 and am curious about the edge though.

Note 4tified

The only differences between them are the Note 4 has 220mAH larger battery and the Note Edge has a higher PPI. The sidebar on the Edge removes any need to use widgets if you are a widget enthusiast.

Camera, S-Pen, software (for the most part) are the same. A lot of apps have moved their controls to the sidebar on the Edge where they would be on the front screen on the Note 4.