SuperSU Updated To v2.82-SR3 With Plenty Of Bug Fixes!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
146e5aa41ea3fd4c210d61465bc50942-jpg-png.77756

I for one have not rooted a device in at least 6 months. This is mostly due to the fact that Verizon and some OEMs have made it very difficult and in some cases impossible to achieve root on some devices. That coupled with the fact that many of the things we needed root for years ago are possible without root today. That being said if you are still rooting devices you will be happy to know that the Root king himself "Chainfire" has just update SuperSU. This update brings SuperSU to version 2.82-SR3 and brings many bug fixes to the table.

Some bug fixes include a fix to external sdcards. Some Samsung users were reporting loss of external sdcard access. This issue appeared primarily for users running CyanogenMod/LineageOS based Roms. The issue has been fixed. FlashFire was also updated for better compatibility in SBIN mode. Some extra support for compression formats for kernel binaries and ramdisks have also been implemented among other fixes. Grab this latest update from the link below.

via +chainfire

Attachments

• 146e5aa41ea3fd4c210d61465bc50942.jpg.png
    146e5aa41ea3fd4c210d61465bc50942.jpg.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 2,769

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I do agree that rooting is no longer necessary for most people to do what they want on their phones. there are just too many apps out there that can do just about anything. Its been years since I rooted a phone but then it was called jailbreaking since I had an iphone.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I may finally change my rooting ways if Android O allows 'ad blocking'. That's all I use root for now, and I really want to get back to using Android Pay. What I don't feel like doing is layer upon layer of installs to hide root, so I make the choice of which is more important right now.

However, here in northern Virginia, credit card swipers are popping up everywhere and ad blocking is looking like the lesser of two weevils. (yeah that's not the saying, I know.)