Suggest a voice memo app that works 100%

litetaker

Reaction score
Hi,

So I wish to record sound, such as in a lecture. I used to do this previously using an iPod Touch 4. It was brilliant in the sense that you can start recording, quit the app, even turn the display off and the app continues recording smoothly. The sound quality is poor as iTouch 4 has only 1 mic so there is no noise cancelling. Anyway, I figured that an Android powered by Nvidia's famed Tegra 2 should do this, piece of cake. But no.

So far, all the apps I tried on the market work fine only if the display is NOT turned off during the recording and some only work as long as the app is in focus! Unfair! Everytime I turn the display off the sound cuts out. The display is a battery hog and I don't fancy keeping it continuously for 1 entire hour or so.

Any app that can remedy this? Bear in mind I have a Droid X2. By the way, is this just another eccentricity of the Droid X2 or is it so with many other phones?

Thanks for the help in advance.

OP
L

litetaker

Reaction score
For all those in search of a good voice recording app that actually works, consider ClearRecord (lite or full version, either) by Ittiam Systems. It works! I can record accurately with the screen turned off as well!