Stock unrooted x goes blk after boot

scarabshell

Reaction score
Stock x updated to latest gb and then started becoming slow. Went to change wallpaper and it froze. Pulled battery. Went to boot and after boot animation it goes black and is unresponsive tried wiping cache. Didnt work. So i tried sbf and afterwards it booted to black just the same. Anyone else witness this or know how to fix it? Any suggestions would be helpful even

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Savagerun

Reaction score
Did you wipe data/factory reset?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
scarabshell

scarabshell

Reaction score
Yep sure did after i did the sbf

OP
scarabshell

scarabshell

Reaction score
Suppose i should have specified, but yep thats what i used :(

Savagerun

Reaction score
Hmm that's odd. I had a friend of mine call me last night right before i responded to your post with the exact problem as you had which was kinda odd lol... She was also not rooted and her phone has been lagging after she took the update. Yesterday she went to change her wallpaper and ended up stuck in a bootloop. I had her pull her battery and get in stock recovery to wipe her data and her phone is fine now. Theres not much else you can do since you sbf'd already and wiped data. You can try wiping data again in stock recovery and if that doesn't work take it to verizon since your unrooted and see what they say.

OP
scarabshell

scarabshell

Reaction score
Yea i think thats what im gonna hafta do. I just hope they dont try to strong arm me into gettin a new device since i had this one over a year.. it was their update so hopefully theyll be willing to fix it

Savagerun

Reaction score
Ya it's no secret that folks are having issues after the update so they can't just blow you off that easily.

OP
scarabshell

scarabshell

Reaction score
Took it to big red today. Absolutely no help they just wanted me to buy a new phone or give me a dumbphone and use a upgrade off my plan :( gonna try linux flash to milestone x and see if it wakes it up

mattjenn

Reaction score
My wife is on 3rd replacement phone since latest update her phones have never been rooted it has same problems random reboot camera issues changing her wallpapers it freezing I can call her and call never goes through and she will have full bars of service. I'm sure if enough people complain they will have no choice but to do another update to fix all these problems.

shaggykid

Reaction score
Jesus. I'm wondering if they botched the update to force people to get new phones?

I've seen so many problems with the update. That's why I always wait to update my phone until a few weeks after so I can see what it does to other's phones.

Either that or just run a custom ROM

Sent from your mom's house using my Droid X