Stock Internet App is terrible! Anyone else having slow, hangs, etc?

lovellstudios

Reaction score
Using the stock Internet App - I thought that it was a problem with the sIII phone - it hangs, is very slow and crashes all the time... well, I thought I'd try Chrome and WOW what a difference! I can't believe, Chrome runs great, no hangs or other issues...

Anyone else have trouble with the stock Internet App?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Never had any trouble with the stock one, but I do agree Chrome is much better I love it. Being able to manage bookmarks on my computer from my phone is very handy, plus being able to see what I have open on my computer is basically like having instant Chrome to Phone.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Being able to have the same bookmarks on both the phone and computer is an awesome feature. My only beef with Chrome is when watching videos, i don't seem to be able to skip ahead or back while in the media player. On the stock browser this is no problem. But it is a small beef, and i don't watch many videos outside of youtube. Chrome is my default browser.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I use Chrome as well, but the stock browser works great for me. No hangups or crashes. Have you tried clearing the cache for it? You can do that under Settings -> Application manager -> All -> Internet. You can try clearing out the data too at that same location if you don't have a problem with losing any information you have saved in the browser.

JFrawls

Reaction score
Most of the browsers from the market are an improvement over the stock browser. Dolphin, Opera, Chrome, ICS Browser +

I recently installed chrome since thats what I use on my PC like it a lot better

honors21

Reaction score
Seems the last few days no matter what browser I use it gets hung up.

NZitney

Reaction score
Any opinions on Firefox? Used to use it on my droid 2, but haven't installed it on my s3 yet

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Another smartphone factor that varies person to person. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, Boat, Opera, Maxthon, and Stock and ultimately I've ended up with Maxthon. It's just so reliable and convenient with great swipe features. All of them are great in some way or another, so your best off trying them all for a few days. It's worth it...

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I've never even heard of Maxthon. Will have to check that out. What kind of swipe features are you referring to?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well for one you can create your own, but what I like about it is you don't have to push any extra buttons or open another screen like in Boat, you just do it. For instance if you make an L shape, it'll switch to the next tab, if you make it an upside down L, it goes to the previous tab. There's an option to leave a very light yellow trail wherever you move your finger so you can see, but can also be removed. And you can make your own. It has a TON of options, so right off the bat I wouldn't say it's the most user friendly, but it's not bad, and the customization options are great.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Really? I never really tested it until today and it seems to be working fine. Tried it with other tabs and force closing/restarting. Possibly another app slowing things down?

honors21

Reaction score
When ever I try to comment or see other comments is when it freezes says the browser has stopped responding.If I go to local apps and use my regular Facebook app it works fine.