New Verizon update and stock browser issue....

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi, I loaded the new software from Verizon, the one issue that I have encountered is the brightness toggle in the stock browser, even though the toggle is set to max brightness it is still dim, when you go to close the browser the split second before it closes the browser brightness goes back to normal. I also run the new Opera browser "which is great", Dolphin, and Chrome Beta, and have no issues with brightness in those browsers. Anyone else encounter the same brightness issue.

Deznoid

Reaction score
Go into settings and shut off power saving switch. Then it should stay Brite for you.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Go into settings and shut off power saving switch. Then it should stay Brite for you.

You can check to see if it's active by dragging down the status bar. If it's still not working, change the brightness via the browser by hitting the Menu button (you'll see it if you scroll down).

EDIT: Nevermind. Saw in your OP that you've tried that. Yeah, check the Power Saver setting and then set the overall brightness and see if that fixes it.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, had power saving mode on, but forgot to unchecked all the boxes except cpu, been running CM 10.1 RC /JB 4.2.2 for the longest, forgot about some of the features on the stock ROM, LOL.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Thanks guys, had power saving mode on, but forgot to unchecked all the boxes except cpu, been running CM 10.1 RC /JB 4.2.2 for the longest, forgot about some of the features on the stock ROM, LOL.

Ah. Good thing to see you got it working. I should've asked if you were rooted ><

EDIT: OR just not be blind and actually read your sig.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The other thing I have noticed is the volume is a bit lower on the stock 4.1.2 ROM, the CM 10.1 RC /JB 4.2.2 has bit more volume, but it's all good, since I have like three different ROM backups I can switch to, that's the beauty of being rooted and unlocked.