Stock Calendar Replacement - no ROOT needed.

DarkNet

Reaction score
It took a while but the I have managed to get the calendar completely out of the android source.
I have added my previous changes:
Colored Month View
Week Start Day settings
Redesigned multiple event overlapping
also - added a horizontal swipe to the Month View to go directly to the selected Week View

I will be attempting to add search features and include some widgets in the future. You can check it out at:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.linuxjet.calendar&feature=search_result

Enjoy. You no longer need a ROOTed phone in order to be able to use this app.

Last edited:

TInman22

Reaction score
Calendar Plus Initial View

I purchased the app. It opes to a screen headed "Date Difference." How do I get to a calendar view?

JR

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
I purchased the app. It opes to a screen headed "Date Difference." How do I get to a calendar view?

JR

I am not familiar with your issue.
What phone are you using? What version of the app did you purchase? Could you send me a screenshot?

TInman22

Reaction score

JR

Also what version of android or what MOD are you running?

I have a Droid X running 2.3.3, Build number 4.5.1_57_DX5-26. I've
I uninstalled the app since I couldn't find a way to get it to open to a calendar view. As I mentioned, it opened with a Date Difference function requiring entering two dates to determine the number of days' difference. The only options available were "date format" and "exit." This app was listed in Market as Calendar Plus.

I couldn't figure out how to request a refund within the 15 minute timeout.

I've since downloaded a version that works - Calendar+. It is build version 1.1.3. However, I cannot find a way to search the calendar for an event. Is it present? If so, where do I find it?

JR

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
You should be able to click or touch the "Magnifying Glass or Search" button on your phone to use the search functionality.
From inside the Calendar it will automatically search the calendar events.
From anywhere else on the phone you will have to add the Agenda to the Global search.

I have included a couple screen shots.

Hope this helps.

TInman22

Reaction score
You should be able to click or touch the "Magnifying Glass or Search" button on your phone to use the search functionality.
From inside the Calendar it will automatically search the calendar events.
From anywhere else on the phone you will have to add the Agenda to the Global search.

I have included a couple screen shots.

Hope this helps.

Yes! Thanks! It works within the calendar. I changed my search settings to search only within Contacts and Agenda. Now I'm offered the list (from the pulldown) of where I want to search.

JR

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
Great.! Hopefully this fall I will be adding a few widgets to go along with it.
Thanks for the emails. comments and criticism are always helpful.