Stock Browser - where to download?

theblackabbot

Reaction score
I would like to get the stock browser back. Where can I download it? If I knew what it was called exactly, I may be able to find it in the Play Store.

Thanks!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If it was the stock browser you can't download it. No stock apps can typically be downloaded. If you had it, and you aren't rooted, it should still be there, somewhere. It's typically called "browser".

OP
theblackabbot

theblackabbot

Reaction score
Thanks! As soon as I read this I remembered that I had it "hidden." I got it back.

TECHTOM

Reaction score
Also you can find the original "stock" browser for android by searching aosp browser on the play store you can get it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

NOVICE

Reaction score
Also you can find the original "stock" browser for android by searching aosp browser on the play store you can get it

This is fascinating. I'm running the stock (non Chrome) browser that came with the Note 3. I assumed it was the same browser I had on my Note 2 and Galaxy 3--but it was missing the ability to reveal a semi-circular control feature by sliding my thumb from the side. I had become very dependent on that feature.

I checked out the asop browser in the Playstore as you recommended. It looked like the stock browser already on my phone but I noted it showed it wasn't installed so I downloaded it.

Voila, under settings I found the lab category and the "Quick Control" feature I've been missing.

Just as importantly, I found the read later button and additional controls for setting a more precise layout when opening websites--both features which were stripped from the newer browser that came with my Note 3.

You are a genius. Much appreciated!

TECHTOM

Reaction score
This is fascinating. I'm running the stock (non Chrome) browser that came with the Note 3. I assumed it was the same browser I had on my Note 2 and Galaxy 3--but it was missing the ability to reveal a semi-circular control feature by sliding my thumb from the side. I had become very dependent on that feature.

I checked out the asop browser in the Playstore as you recommended. It looked like the stock browser already on my phone but I noted it showed it wasn't installed so I downloaded it.

Voila, under settings I found the lab category and the "Quick Control" feature I've been missing.

Just as importantly, I found the read later button and additional controls for setting a more precise layout when opening websites--both features which were stripped from the newer browser that came with my Note 3.

You are a genius. Much appreciated!

Glad I could help out!

NOVICE

Reaction score
Glad I could help out!

You resolved the greatest irritant caused by my switching to the Note 3.

I'm on the Internet 6 to 7 hours a day.

Again, bravo, well done, etc.