status bar gone

Jrod321

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum I was having trouble fringe to get my status bar back I can still pull it down but it hides right after I want it to show on my screen any ideas????

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

android15

Reaction score
Try rebooting the phone? Or if you happen to be using ads.launcher slide your finger up from the middle of the screen to get it back. Its a setting you can turn off.

OP
J

Jrod321

Reaction score
yea that worked thanks alot

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jhuafan2

Reaction score
the status bar disappeared on my phone and i cannot get it back. any suggestions
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Could you be more specific? Are you rooted, stock rom, freeze or uninstall anything? Need more info before anyone can help.

jhuafan2

Reaction score
I am rooted and uninstalled a app called smartbar it froze up when I tried to uninstall fom titanium back up pro pulled battery and uninstalled through apps

Verro84

Reaction score
the status bar disappeared on my phone and i cannot get it back. any suggestions

Are you using a Home Replacement app like ADW, Launcher Pro etc? Cause i know u can hide the status bar using them and I've accidently did it the 1st time using ADW

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jhuafan2

Reaction score
I was using launcher pro but uninstalled it also. When I first hit the power button and it goes were you slide across
or turn sounds off the icons look like they are not in the center don't know
If that has anything do with it

Shimmy549

Reaction score
I am rooted and uninstalled a app called smartbar it froze up when I tried to uninstall fom titanium back up pro pulled battery and uninstalled through apps

Search your file manager for "StatusBar." Maybe there's some remnant floating around that's causing problems.

When I uninstalled Bootstrap in preparation of Safestrap, I checked Root Explorer to make sure it had been completely removed (I uninstalled it the "traditional" way, through the App Manager). A Bootstrap file still existed on my phone and I had to delete it from there (after mounting to rw).

I don't know if it would've caused a problem, but I didn't want to learn the hard way. Maybe you can glean something from my pretty much unrelated story:)

jhuafan2

Reaction score
are they any way to reset or change the screen resolution. it looks like the status/notifacation bar is there but to high up to see

TeddyGi1

Reaction score
Ivvvee gggoott iiitt

When u download Gyod 3 or watever, it installs the package No Status Bar into cydia just go remove it from cydia's packages under manage