Sprint Note 4 is Receiving Lollipop

OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I don't remember where I read it, probably a rumor thread on this forum, that Verizon Note4 was slated for early to mid April with 5.0.1
Samsung skip to 5.1 ? Surely you jest. We'll probably NEVER see pushed 5.1 on a Note4 unless Samsung changes its ways dramatically.

Why do you say that? Samsung has pretty regularly pushed out .x updates over the past few years for flagships. It usually takes a while, but they typically see a release. This is particularly true of .x updates that address some major issues like 5.1.

OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Wonder if this has anything to do with the Note 4 delay...
Verizon Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Is Rolling Out For Real This Time

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Hmmm. I don't recall ever hearing about the S5's update getting pulled on Verizon. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, but everyone I know who has an S5 on Verizon has Lollipop has been updating at different times since it was first pushed out. No one has seemed to not have the option since it was first released.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I only know a few people with S5's, but in pretty sure they all got the update. Only heard complaints from one of them so far.

OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I only know a few people with S5's, but in pretty sure they all got the update. Only heard complaints from one of them so far.

Yeah. I've heard lots of complaints as well. This new update seems to be an attempt to fix some of the issues. It's not 5.1, so it won't fix all of the issues, but hopefully it will help.