Speed dial issue? (unattended auto dialing)

pricedgp

Reaction score
This is an odd one. My Droid was charging, and it was pattern locked. Nobody was touching it. I received a call on my house phone from my Droid. Nobody there, obviously. It happened several times during the day while it was in my pocket, locked. The calls showed up in the Call Log. So, my Droid is making phone calls by itself.

I had set up a single speed dial to my home phone in the normal way and put the folder into the first of the three "home tabs" (whatever they're called) on the Droid. I never used the speed dial. After I deleted the folder with the speed dial, the phone calls stopped.

I don't know if some other app is making the calls.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
are you using a 3rd party charger? There have been many accounts of incorrect charging circuitry causing bizzare autonomous behavior while charging. Haven't heard of it continuing after being unplugged though.

OP
P

pricedgp

Reaction score
Nope, I'm using the standard wall charger.

Here's the really funny part (not applicable to the problem, but still). My wife was putting aluminum foil on her head to keep it from getting wet (yeah, I know), and I made a joke about how she was keeping the aliens from reading her mind. One minute later the first call came -- and, swear to god -- it sounded like aliens on the other end of the line.

pete7230

Reaction score
This is an odd one. My Droid was charging, and it was pattern locked. Nobody was touching it. I received a call on my house phone from my Droid. Nobody there, obviously. It happened several times during the day while it was in my pocket, locked. The calls showed up in the Call Log. So, my Droid is making phone calls by itself.

I had set up a single speed dial to my home phone in the normal way and put the folder into the first of the three "home tabs" (whatever they're called) on the Droid. I never used the speed dial. After I deleted the folder with the speed dial, the phone calls stopped.

I don't know if some other app is making the calls.

While being charged with the stock Motorola charger, my Dorid dialed my kid at 4:35 am and then my wife at 4:46 am. Both calls showed up in the call log. When I unlocked the phone it was on the screen that contained all of my dialing shortcuts. I had been browsing the web just before locking the phone and plugging it into the charger so it should have not been on the shortcut screen. This is a major weird-o-rama event.

I just deleted all of the auto-dial shortcuts. The phone is about three months old and it has never done anything like this before. Is it a common thing for these phones to do this sort of thing while being charged?

tschirtz

Reaction score
same thing here

Mine was auto dailing co-workers and my brother while it was unattended charging in the kitchen.

I also saw a couple emails went out. The "sent via Droid X on Verizon network" was messed up when I saw the email returned from the, same person who was called, email address.

THis is a big issue... if the phone dails out while I am not aware, who ever it calls can hear everything that is going on.... not cool at all!!!!!!!!!:icon_evil:

50%Kraut

Reaction score
Not only while charging.... Every now and then I get a call from someone in my address book, with the "you called me?" question, even though phone (Droid, not rooted) was in lock mode. This happens before I have my Spaten or Unibroue. LOL

djenrique

Reaction score
Is there a fix for this? I phantom-call one of my kids all the time. He's getting used to it...