speakers ruined by water???

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge & S7 Active' started by TuBitMittens, Apr 20, 2016.

1. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Ratings:
    +10
    ok, so I realize even though the phone is water resistant(not waterproof) bringing it in the shower probably isn't the smartest idea. for the last few days I mightve been trusting the water resistance thing too much and would bring it near/or in the shower for music. recently the s7(which is in an Otterbox commuter case) fell into the running shower with music playing and now the speakers sound really distorted. is there a proper way I can go about cleaning this out so it sounds normal again, or did I ruin my phone?

2. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    If you could come up with a couple silica gel packets put them and the phone in a sealed baggie. The next easiest thing to do would be uncooked rice for 24 hours or so. Take the back and or case off first, if possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bruben7886

bruben7886 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +616
    Agree. Slow drying is the best way to get you where you want to be. Do not blow dry, bake, microwave, etc.
    Rice or silica gel in a zip lock will work just fine. Takes awhile, but worth it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Exactly..the cheap material they make the drivers out of would definitely suffer damage from compressed air, corrosion from heat drying and would never be the same...silica pack for the win .