speakers ruined by water???

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
ok, so I realize even though the phone is water resistant(not waterproof) bringing it in the shower probably isn't the smartest idea. for the last few days I mightve been trusting the water resistance thing too much and would bring it near/or in the shower for music. recently the s7(which is in an Otterbox commuter case) fell into the running shower with music playing and now the speakers sound really distorted. is there a proper way I can go about cleaning this out so it sounds normal again, or did I ruin my phone?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you could come up with a couple silica gel packets put them and the phone in a sealed baggie. The next easiest thing to do would be uncooked rice for 24 hours or so. Take the back and or case off first, if possible.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Agree. Slow drying is the best way to get you where you want to be. Do not blow dry, bake, microwave, etc.
Rice or silica gel in a zip lock will work just fine. Takes awhile, but worth it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Exactly..the cheap material they make the drivers out of would definitely suffer damage from compressed air, corrosion from heat drying and would never be the same...silica pack for the win .