SPB Shell 3D?

CC268

Reaction score
I searched it on the forums didn't find a ton of reviews, but just wondering if anyone has tried it, like it better than Launcher Pro etc?

cpjr

Reaction score
There are a few threads about it if ya look around the forum here with alot of reviews.

OP
CC268

CC268

Reaction score
There are a few threads about it if ya look around the forum here with alot of reviews.

ok I am looking around for some reason when i type it on the search it comes up with nothing just other unrelated topics

OP
CC268

CC268

Reaction score

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Droid doctor please dont advocate app stealing. Its a pricey home replacement for sure but two things here:

The developer put a lot of time into this, and is sure to update to fix peoples issues. Noone is going to charge (noone smart anyways) that much without practically guaranteeing updates.

And second, the app checks your market for proof that you bought it ;) good luck stealing when it looks for the paid certificate.

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
IMHO, its not worth $15... it should be priced to compete with Launcher Pro Plus and ADW. I'm rooted and running SC 2.9.2nv and I noticed a significant amount of lag compared to LP+. The bad thing is, you only have 15 mins to decide if you like it or not and it takes a good 20 minutes to get everything set up the way I wanted it so I'm stuck with it now. I also noticed if you leave your phone idle for 20+ minutes, it will be EXTREMELY laggy for the fist 10 or 15 seconds when you wake up your phone and try to do something.

They don't have many widgets and it doesn't support scrolling widgets (at least it didnt when I had it installed)

They have a long way to go with development and additional customization before I will run it again.

cpjr

Reaction score
Its a great app. On my TB it actually runs very well. Pricey yes, but whatever.

Dont be a dishonest thief though.... and buy it if you want it.

kirKauai

Reaction score
I wrote about SPB in the "Are you happy you got a Thunderbolt?" thread. Basics...I like it.

Another consideration is that in the past I have gotten several free apps from SPB via their rewards program, as they roll out more apps for Android you have more incentive for purchasing. I have found their apps to be worth the $ when I was using WM.
Sent from my Thunderbolt using Droid Forums

3vil

Reaction score
It is a massive ram hog... It literally takes 50 mb of ram regularly.

illmatic636

Reaction score
The widgets and the UI skin is outstanding though. Not worth 15 bucks, but $3.00 tops

OP
CC268

CC268

Reaction score
hmmm guess I will stick with Launcher Pro Plus for right now....?

cpjr

Reaction score
I would choose ADW EX over launcher pro, personally.