someone help with music playlists/d2g

zero7404

Reaction score
i tried using iTunes Agent to sync music to my d2g, works fine, but was under the impression i'd be preserving song order/track order and it transferring a playlist, which it did not do.

my main concern on this phone is transferring my music from itunes folders such that i can play back an album in the right track order. i don't want to go into the phone and manually create a playlist for each album, it's a pain.

any suggestions ? apps and windows software welcome ...

djp

Reaction score
I've had no issues with the D2G with regard to track order in the music player when transferring from itunes. I've tried doubletwist and isyncr.

Are your tracks properly tagged with track numbers in itunes?

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
I've had no issues with the D2G with regard to track order in the music player when transferring from itunes. I've tried doubletwist and isyncr.

Are your tracks properly tagged with track numbers in itunes?

yes. all the albums i've transferred all have track designations.

with my old droid 1, the music showed up in the correct order. also tried deleting all the music and readding, but no sucess....

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
i have no album art either ...

this is strange, in going from a d1 to a d2g did motorola erase m4a file support or something?

i searched and found if i long press an album and create a playlist (or just play) it puts the music in correct sequence. it also displays track names without the numbering prefix thats present in the file names ....

i think motorola messed up with the ui on the d2g here ...

sent via wireless device

Reaction score
i have no album art either ...

this is strange, in going from a d1 to a d2g did motorola erase m4a file support or something?

i searched and found if i long press an album and create a playlist (or just play) it puts the music in correct sequence. it also displays track names without the numbering prefix thats present in the file names ....

i think motorola messed up with the ui on the d2g here ...

sent via wireless device

Uhh.. This may sound dumb, but is the numbering prefix in the file names off? This is why I only organize my music by artist, and not album, btw.. Alphabetically by artist, and then by song makes it a snap to find any song I want in seconds, I sure as hell don't remember what album a song is off of...

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
that was mentioned before. my track metadata is correct in itunes. also if i long press the album, it will play them in correct order

sent via wireless device

Reaction score
that was mentioned before. my track metadata is correct in itunes. also if i long press the album, it will play them in correct order

sent via wireless device

The track meta data in iTunes and the actual filename are two different things. It could be organizing them numerically by filename (incorrect) and playing them by track number (correct). Not saying it's likely, but it's a possibility.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score

sent via wireless device

The track meta data in iTunes and the actual filename are two different things. It could be organizing them numerically by filename (incorrect) and playing them by track number (correct). Not saying it's likely, but it's a possibility.

i think there is data stored elsewhere on the sd card that may need to be refreshed ... maybe that will help. some albums show cover art, others dont. its inconsistent. but after creating playlists from the album (long press -- new playlist) the songs go into the playlist in proper play order).

sent via wireless device

gilmourd

Reaction score
Album Art: I have the same issue with non-mp3 files. The show up properly in iTunes/iPod, but not on the D2G.

Track Listings: Have you check to make sure the metadata on each song is correct and the songs on an album have consistent tags? I have found that if the metadata is correct, the D2G seems to handle it fine. I also noticed that the D2G doesn't support the disc number tag. So if you have more than one disc on a particular album, it will list

track 1 disc1
track 1 disc 2
track 2 disc 1 and so on

instead of the expected

track 1 disc 1
track 2 disc 1
track 2 disc 2...

One way to deal with is simply put everything in disc 1 in a separate sub directory. That seems to have solved the problem for me.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
read a few posts up ... if you long-press and make a playlist itll put the songs in order.

there is also an app called cover art downloader ... not as complete as gracenote but good enough

sent via wireless device