Some questions

jtnktz

Reaction score
So I rooted my phone using the z4 and everything went smoothly. Now I want to back up my phone exactly how it is now just in case. I was going to use that nandroid youtube video but quickly found that it was taken off the market. Is there any substitutions for that app? Does titanium back up do the same thing? If so what is busybox and how do I install it? Sorry for so many questions but ill get there :) thanks in advance!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Easiest way is to get a DX bootstrap app from the market, bootstrap then reboot into recovery and back up that way.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I rooted my phone using the z4 and everything went smoothly. Now I want to back up my phone exactly how it is now just in case. I was going to use that nandroid youtube video but quickly found that it was taken off the market. Is there any substitutions for that app? Does titanium back up do the same thing? If so what is busybox and how do I install it? Sorry for so many questions but ill get there :) thanks in advance!!!!

First off welcome!

No Titanium only backs up apps/app data. You want to do like suggested above. Get Bootstrap Recovery for Droid X by Clockworkmod. Install, open it, hit top button and when it says "success" hit ok. Then hit the bottom to reboot into clockwork.

Or just go here, same instructions with pictures>>> How to: Create a Full Nandroid Backup on a DROID X - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

OP
J

jtnktz

Reaction score
Welllll I backed it up. What's the difference between bootstrap recovery and reboot recovery? What are other fun stuff that I can do with that app? Its the first paid app I have lol