[Solved] My droid isn't making any noise

Dragon Lover

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razr Maxx HD
I have a Droid Razr Maxx HD and for some reason it has just stopped making noise all together. It worked fine this morning but now no matter what I do it wont make a sound. I have the ringer all the way up,and it's not on vibrate or silent. Calls, texts, and emails come in and they do vibrate like they are supposed to but none of the sound alerts for any of them are playing. I have done every thing I can think of short of a complete factory reset which I can not afford to do for multiple reasons. My phone will be a year old this august so its not because its old.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Did you add any apps since this morning or update any apps? Have you cleared the system cache?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Also, when you go to Settings > Sound > Volumes > are the volume levels turned up there?

OP
D

Dragon Lover

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razr Maxx HD
Also, when you go to Settings > Sound > Volumes > are the volume levels turned up there?
That was it. Some how my notifications got turned all the way down, though I have absolutely no idea how, I never touched them and I haven't downloaded or updated anything.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Glad you got it figured out.

P

promo87

I have a Droid Razr Maxx HD and for some reason it has just stopped making noise all together. It worked fine this morning but now no matter what I do it wont make a sound. I have the ringer all the way up,and it's not on vibrate or silent. Calls, texts, and emails come in and they do vibrate like they are supposed to but none of the sound alerts for any of them are playing. I have done every thing I can think of short of a complete factory reset which I can not afford to do for multiple reasons. My phone will be a year old this august so its not because its old.
Well, have you tried pressing the volume up button until you see a popup appear which shows the volume is increasing ??? Do one thing try heading over to the settings>sound>volume>make sure all the sliders are at the full, and do let me know if that works for you !! :)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well, have you tried pressing the volume up button until you see a popup appear which shows the volume is increasing ??? Do one thing try heading over to the settings>sound>volume>make sure all the sliders are at the full, and do let me know if that works for you !! :)
What?