Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
So, you're the developer of this app?

OP
J

Jawfin

Reaction score
Yes I am, sorry if I didn't make that obvious. I really should proof-read better!

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Haha, that's ok. I just noticed that it's been on the market for a little bit and just wanted to make sure. So, for the most part I like it. Pretty smooth with good fluidity and a little lag, but I'll chock that up to the ROM I'm running. I like the adblock notice lol. I also like the push notif to start a new game when it knows you won't win. :) I also like how I can choose between 3 different card styles. I also like the layout. I didn't play with (or enter, for that matter) the settings menu, but I'll do that tomorrow and I'll try to do a better Pro/Con layout for you. :)

OP
J

Jawfin

Reaction score
Wow, I really appreciate the effort you've gone to. This app has something like 2000 development hours in it, so I do like it when other show effort too. And yea, it is designed to make money in the end, but I try to be polite to everyone. In fact, the last modification I did was for a person who has an ad blocker anyway - so don't think that in any way that lessens my value of your opinion :)

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Wow, I really appreciate the effort you've gone to. This app has something like 2000 development hours in it, so I do like it when other show effort too. And yea, it is designed to make money in the end, but I try to be polite to everyone. In fact, the last modification I did was for a person who has an ad blocker anyway - so don't think that in any way that lessens my value of your opinion :)

Haha, I understand. You have to eat, right? And it's no problem. I need something to do, anyway. But that's a LOT of hours to put into it. Anyway, I have to catch some Z's, but I will definitely come back with a better review for you.

Edit: And to be honest, I only played with it for around 5 minutes. Between when I posted my first comment, downloaded it, played it, then came back to read yours. Lol. But I promise I'll play with it for longer tomorrow. :)

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Soooooooo, took a more in-depth look today. I noticed that after quitting last night, then reopening the app, that it kept my place from my last exit. I like that. I really like all the customization options like Ani Speed, deck/face style/picture, especially the Choose Your Own Image option. To tell you the truth, I liked everything about it. The only complaint/suggestion I have is that adblock notif having pop up after every New Game? Maybe have it pop at initial app start up? That would be my suggestion. Otherwise, I have nothing to complain about! :) Great job! I really like it, and I might replace my other Solitaire app with it.

Oh, one more suggestion: maybe add the different card games like, Spider and Freecell, etc. Unless you have separate apps of those. But still, itms a great app.

OP
J

Jawfin

Reaction score
Thanks for all that :)

Not only does it remember your progress but it has full undo and subsequent redo.

I don't have other solitaire games, and I have considered putting other solitaires in - but I currently feel the time invested would be just too high against the pay-off. Plus, I am looking at other improvements, for instance multi-player.

With regard to the nag - I don't like to put it up immediately as that'll just get the users hating me! Sometimes people only have a spare minute, and seeing that time sucked as soon as they launch would make them angry. What I can do though is half the delay time on it after you've seen the first one - but just for that session (a session is while the app is still in memory).

I don't do to well at self-promotion, in fact it was a friend that convinced me to post on the forums, but, I will say the preferred solution is to spend $2 and get the donation version, that'll learn the nag screen :p

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Thanks for all that :)

Not only does it remember your progress but it has full undo and subsequent redo.

I don't have other solitaire games, and I have considered putting other solitaires in - but I currently feel the time invested would be just too high against the pay-off. Plus, I am looking at other improvements, for instance multi-player.

With regard to the nag - I don't like to put it up immediately as that'll just get the users hating me! Sometimes people only have a spare minute, and seeing that time sucked as soon as they launch would make them angry. What I can do though is half the delay time on it after you've seen the first one - but just for that session (a session is while the app is still in memory).

I don't do to well at self-promotion, in fact it was a friend that convinced me to post on the forums, but, I will say the preferred solution is to spend $2 and get the donation version, that'll learn the nag screen :p

That's pretty neat. I noticed the undo, also, just not the redo yet. I can understand that pay-off part, and multiplayer would be awesome. Would be great, actually. Slicing the delay would be good, also. And I feel ya on the self-promotion. I'm the same way. Either way, with it being the free. Ersion, I can't complain about anything. Actually, considering that it's free, all the stuff you have in there is pretty generous. Needless to say, I'll probably keep this app on my phone. :) And if I'll ever come into some money, I might be able to get the donate version. I have a lot of donations to give when I can get a job lol.

OP
J

Jawfin

Reaction score
Righto, well as I'm a nice guy and all that, I've put a release here which isn't worth updating the Play store with, as all it has is half the nag time for subsequent ad-blocker messages.
http://www.egonomics.com/android/sol3d.apk

So the first message has a long wait, but after that its a lot shorter - up until the phone is reset or the app gets pushed out of memory by the OS (due to other apps running etc, or a task killer).

This apk has the same digital signature as the one I use to deploy with so it should just install over the top of what you have :)