So...

GreenAcid

Reaction score
At the moment I have a Droid Eris. After seeing my Brothers droid, and having the Eris for a week, I've decided that the Eris just isn't cutting it. The battery dies at least once a day, and it just isn't as fast as I'd like it to be.

I have the option of going to the Droid, but I don't like how it's so vanilla, even with 2.0. I like the Eris because it suits my needs and is very customizable. but I didn't really realise how much I relied on a physical keyboard (I came from an EnV Touch and before that a BB Curve).

I know posting in this section is gonna get 1 sided reviews. but what would you do if you had the choice between droid and eris and could go back and change your mind?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can customize the ever living snot out of a Droid. :)
Don't be fooled by the 'vanilla' look. It's made that way so that you can customize it from the ground up :)

pyro6128

Reaction score
Def go with the droid, the eris is like the nerdy younger brother that doesn't get any girls. But joking aside, check out the thread showing what peoples droid screens look like (i dont know how to link threads) and you'll see just how customizable this thing really is. Just be warned though, if you get a droid and then check out that thread, you're going to become addicted to customizing it and probably won't focus on anything else for the first day or two.

Edit: Here you go http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...s/717-screenshots-peoples-droid-desktops.html

Last edited:

SteveC

Reaction score
I had the Eris for a couple of weeks. I had some problems and had to hard reset twice. I decided that the phone had a bug and ultimately decided I needed the bigger screen and the newer OS update, so I traded the Eris on the Droid. The Droid is the best smartphone I've ever had. I really didn't have the extra $100 for the Droid, but I would NOT change back. Kind of an uplifting experience to leave WinMo.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
oh boy, the Droid... looks so different than the first day, than the first week, than the first month, that i had it... :) wish i took screenshots each time i changed the GUI

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, as you said in your post, you knew that you were going to pretty much get one-sided opinions in this thread. And so you have.

I had a HTC device once. But I am a full-on batwings fan (Moto) and my brief experience with the HTC Ozone over my Moto A4500 Napoleon further confirmed my 'fanage' (is that a word?) to the batwings. :)

As has been posted and furthermore. The Eris just does not come with the same 'muscle' needed to run Android 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.1 (and who knows what else) as the Moto A855 Droid does. IMHO, do not wait. Dump your HTC and experience what the A855 Droid has to offer. And it's alot. Got mine clocking to 950mHz.

good luck

actrack03

Reaction score
Had the Eris for a week then UPRGADED to Droid. Best decision ever! Just be prepared to lose your life when you get lost in your addiction to Drrrrroooooiiiiiiid.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the feedback. I'm already starting to notice stuff w/ my HTC phone, like when i first got it, it took 5-6 hours to charge. Now it takes less then 3 from almost dead to full. Its having error's when i turn off/on my phone. it'll say Google Voice can't open when i turn my phone on. I've tried re-installing it and it still does it.

It's newest thing is, If i got a text, even in standby mode, it'd kick on and i could read it. now the screen doesn't even light up.

I'm getting the Droid on Monday =) (Because that's pay day haha) so I do have to wait the weekend, but oh boy. I can't wait for a beefier phone then this. This was a test of Droid pretty much for me, and i loved it.