So who's getting a Continuum

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now with all the official specs leaking out today for the Samsung Continuum, is this on anyone's shopping list?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
first I've heard of this device... I'll have to go look at some specs.... brb :)

for others http://thegadgets.net/technology-ne...elease-date-and-full-specifications-revealed/

... released with 2.1... eek

looks cool, but not the device for me... I need more than 1ghz to upgrade dancedroid oh and Gingerbread :icon_ banana:

secondary screen on this device... wonder how it will be received by Android users... to me it just looks like a dedicated spot for ad space

Lostcase

Reaction score
Why on earth ship it with 2.1?! I'm not happy with this fascinate on 2.1...I'd doubt the continuum would be any better..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

djfrost

Reaction score
I was thinking about going from my D1 to the Continuum.

The thing is I don't want a HUGH phone (like the X). I like the size of the incredible but I want new hardware.

Or should I just get the incredible? My upgrade is in 10 days...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

edwards2243

Reaction score
Get the continuum..the ticker makes a big difference and you're not compromising much screen area. More comfortable in my hand than the fascinate too.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using DroidForums App

ThePravus

Reaction score
Just picked it up today, upgraded from my D1. Much nicer. Looking forward to the 2.2 update though.

ErikJDurwoodII

Reaction score
I upgraded from a D1 as well.

If you take a look at the specs of all Galaxy S phones and the Nexus S, aside from a few deviations, they are basically the same. Same CPU and GPU especially. So when you see a Nexus S kicking ass or a Galaxy S variant running roughshod over other phones, we can look fondly at our Continuum and say "you can do that too."

And more...

^__^

dfgged

Reaction score
I upgraded from a D1 as well.

If you take a look at the specs of all Galaxy S phones and the Nexus S, aside from a few deviations, they are basically the same. Same CPU and GPU especially. So when you see a Nexus S kicking ass or a Galaxy S variant running roughshod over other phones, we can look fondly at our Continuum and say "you can do that too."

And more... with a ticker!

^__^

Correction

ErikJDurwoodII

Reaction score
AND a grip sensor!

But in all seriousness, I'm excited to see what this baby can do. It is essentially a CDMA Nexus S with no front camera, 128MB less RAM and only 2GB of internal flash storage but more screen space (ticker and buttons) and a grip sensor.

In my mind, I see no reason why we can't shoehorn Gingerbread on this baby, crack the ticker code, over-clock the heck out of it, stuff a 32GB Class 4 or 6 MicroSDHC card in it and have a real screaming device!

Personally, for the customizing Android enthusiast, I think this is the device of choice for the time being.

We just gotta scrub off all of the 'whiz... ;)

dfgged

Reaction score
AND a grip sensor!

But in all seriousness, I'm excited to see what this baby can do. It is essentially a CDMA Nexus S with no front camera, 128MB less RAM and only 2GB of internal flash storage but more screen space (ticker and buttons) and a grip sensor.

In my mind, I see no reason why we can't shoehorn Gingerbread on this baby, crack the ticker code, over-clock the heck out of it, stuff a 32GB Class 4 or 6 MicroSDHC card in it and have a real screaming device!

Personally, for the customizing Android enthusiast, I think this is the device of choice for the time being.

We just gotta scrub off all of the 'whiz... ;)

Well we cant do any of that until we have a custom recovery available. Oh, and the screen is actually much smaller than the nexus S, the main screen is 3.4 in. So this is a small device.

Sent from my awesome continuum

ErikJDurwoodII

Reaction score
True.

But the physical display is exactly 4" Just a 96 x 480 strip has been painted over above the last 96 pixels ;) So yes: 3.4" of 480 x 800 of useful space.

But 4" of 480 x 992!

The software soft buttons are the first thing I'm looking to change. I'm working on an idea to change the button order and appearance. Also a way to remove, lock or add more buttons.

I'd like to make it so when I'm in a call. The buttons change to call buttons even with the screen blacked out.

Ooooh! Or maybe make the buttons become notification lights when the phone is in standby because the damn grip sensor is useless when you have a case on the phone!!! Two birds with one stone!

Ticker interim fix: Make the camera button a quick press to activate ticker, long press to activate camera...

bosshog85

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get this device now that im eligible for phone upgrade. Anyone recommend something better that's cheap?

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums