Help: samsung continuum rooting.

JoshRoss

Reaction score
I'm trying to root my Samsung Continuum, and I have installed the driver for it, but now it won't recognize my phone. I've downloaded Odin, and the clockwork mod, and uploaded the recovery in Odin, and flashed it to my phone. I'm trying to get the update.zip to my sd card. Any help? I'm using windows vista.

OP
JoshRoss

JoshRoss

Reaction score
Okay, Update: I finally got the update.zip file to the phone, but now I can't boot it. I boot up in recovery, and it asks me if I want to boot the update.zip, so I scroll down, and select it (by pressing the 'settings' softkey), it gets about 40% into the load (as shown by the animation), and then it takes me to a similar screen where the font is now in red (the original being a blue font), and it says "CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1.x" then there's a new list of options that say:
'Reboot'
'apply sdcard:update.zip'
'wipe data/factory reset'
'wipe cache partition'
'install zip from sdcard'
'backup and restore'
'mounts and storage'
'advanced'
'voodoo'
None of the second options seem to do anything more than make my phone go black, and then I do a battery pull, turn it on, it goes straight to the factory recovery, and i have to select 'Reboot' just to get back to my regular phone.

Can anyone help? I really hope all this effort wasn't in vain.

Btw, I'm using: Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Samsung Continuum as my means of instructions, and have followed them to a T, minus the trouble I had in the above post.

firstand

Reaction score
Help: samsung continuum rooting.> Did you figure it out?

Hey :

Just read your posting about rooting the Samsung Continuum SCH-i400. I am experiencing the same problems trying to root my Continuum for the first time.

I know your post was written a while ago, but I was hoping you had found a solution you may be able to share.

Did you eventually solve the problem rooting your phone?

What did you do?

Many thanks!

- Tim

Okay, Update: I finally got the update.zip file to the phone, but now I can't boot it. I boot up in recovery, and it asks me if I want to boot the update.zip, so I scroll down, and select it (by pressing the 'settings' softkey), it gets about 40% into the load (as shown by the animation), and then it takes me to a similar screen where the font is now in red (the original being a blue font), and it says "CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1.x" then there's a new list of options that say:
'Reboot'
'apply sdcard:update.zip'
'wipe data/factory reset'
'wipe cache partition'
'install zip from sdcard'
'backup and restore'
'mounts and storage'
'advanced'
'voodoo'
None of the second options seem to do anything more than make my phone go black, and then I do a battery pull, turn it on, it goes straight to the factory recovery, and i have to select 'Reboot' just to get back to my regular phone.

Can anyone help? I really hope all this effort wasn't in vain.

Btw, I'm using: Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Samsung Continuum as my means of instructions, and have followed them to a T, minus the trouble I had in the above post.

bosshog85

Reaction score
I can't get my Continuum to root either. I had the same issue with my old LG Ally so I used gingerbreak for it and it worked. But no luck for this phone:(

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Droid Forums